Boks fined over Botha ban protest

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by Bullitt, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

The South African Rugby Union (Saru), squad members and team officials have been fined after being found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

[​IMG]
    It's okay, nobody died...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8137194.stm

-------------------------------

Pity it's not more.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Let's have a round of applause for 'justice'.

4. candybum

candybum Guest

The IRB, any excuse to gain extra dosh! Might as well fine Auckland Grammer and Kelston for their part in bring the game in 'disrepute.'

5. Jethro

Jethro Guest

That'll send shock waves through the SARU.

6. Boggle

Boggle Guest

A full 11000 pounds in total, I'm sure SARU are ******** their pants right now.

They might just as well not have fined us at all, the IRB truly are a peculiar bunch of morons.

7. dundeesmiffy

dundeesmiffy Guest

Should this headline not read "Big deal made of nothing"?

8. As stated, it's hardly a massive amount, but I feel it's about right. I did feel the protest was slightly pathetic, but the IRB seem to belive it was more than that.

What happens if everyone doesn't cough up?

9. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Can anyone else see how South Africa are being "hard done by", yet again?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Aug 25 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    In the unlikely event that nobody does, realistically they should be banned until they pay.

10. Blindside6

Blindside6 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ Aug 25 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    This isn't what the IRB wanted. Their ideal was a £10,000 fine for each player plus the combined total of players fines again for SARU. In addition a ban from RWC2011 for all the players and management concerned, suspended unless there were further cases of misconduct. The pitiful fines were what was awarded by the Disciplinary Committee because the SARU defence lawyers managed to do a good wriggling job on a number of technicalities.

11. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 25 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    In the unlikely event that nobody does, realistically they should be banned until they pay.
    [/b][/quote]
    Is it alright of me to hope that the credit crunch made a bit hit in SA? :p

12. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

The IRB isn't at fault here, the absolutely nutty idiot people they manage to find to staff these diciplinary panels. For example, the bloody Canadian who decided that 8 weeks was just right for Schalk Burger?!

13. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Blesbokke to the rescue! :D

http://www.keo.co.za/2009/08/26/legends-bail-out-boks/
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

14. shtove

shtove Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 27 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Truly pathetic reaction.

SA allowed international jerseys to be used for political protest against rugby's values. Punishment deserved.

Now pay up, stop kicking, and play rugby.

15. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Oi, you at the back, have you not been paying attention?! The debt is paid, having not even reached the players involved. And i'm sure you've noticed we're unbeaten in the TN, so rugby has taken place. Including beating NZ twice in a row. Perhaps the Irish should take notes, cause you know... ;)

16. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blindside6 @ Aug 25 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    So you think that if this had happened, it would have been justified? If you do, then I'm sorry to say, but you are a complete idiot.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!