• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brian Carney retires from Rugby League

Yeah, quite dissappointing really. He played very well for the Knights, one of the outstanding wingers in the NRL last season. It would have been great to have seen him play his last season for the newly instated team Gold Coast ***ans, as he said he would and signed to do so, however as professionals are ever increasingly tending to do so, they are not keeping to their word and their signature is worth nothing.

One good season for Wigan and the world goes mad over him. Good player but nothing like as good as he was made to be. Good riddance.

I disagree despite him being a Wigan player he was also a real light in the GB side for his magic on the wing and running from dummy half - not to mention one of the few players who could really scorch down the wing and score some memorable tries - as for his retiring I respect his honesty for telling the Gold Coast club that he was finished and his heart wasn't in it - that takes alot of courage when you are a big name player, anyway he apparently refused 2 months wages and repaid Gold Coast the money they spent in getting him. I'm still sorry to see him go.

When fit he played well for GB. But when was he ever fit? Not very often at all.

to be fair though he was also riddled by injuries which held him back with his fitness - not like he was a terrible trainer or anything

and by the sounds of the article it said he was one of the better performed players training that day, so even though he knew he wasnt going to play and decided to end his career he still trained 100%

i only really noticed him last year, and i rated him as quite a good player and from the footy show quite a nice guy 2.

and by the sounds of the article it said he was one of the better performed players training that day, so even though he knew he wasnt going to play and decided to end his career he still trained 100%

i only really noticed him last year, and i rated him as quite a good player and from the footy show quite a nice guy 2.
[/b]

Too right, top bloke and a dead set pisser on the Footy Show with Matty Johns

Also, one of the best GB players i've ever seen, he always stood out in the games i watched(which isn't that many)

Here's some of his stuff on the Footy Show.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZJm4CHnUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-U3EWXat8

He is absolute gold off the field!! like on the footy show and stuff.

But ya know..on the field, he is always stepping out onto the sidelines. I wouldnt have him in my starting team..or bench for that matter of fact.

P.S he shouldnt have got Dally M Winger of The Year last year. Hazem owns him.

But ya know..on the field, he is always stepping out onto the sidelines. I wouldnt have him in my starting team..or bench for that matter of fact.

[/b]

Judging from these comments you must be atleast 3% spastic. Carney was actually able to set up some of his tries, unlike that skin bag Leb.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Judging from these comments you must be atleast 3% spastic. Carney was actually able to set up some of his tries, unlike that skin bag Leb.
[/b][/quote]
And judging by that reply you must be a racist.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Try living in Sydney's western suburbs before you make an accusation like that.

Kimmy doesn't believe in any player outside the Bulldogs. She's an obsessed fanatic, who'll stop at nothing to try and convince people that the Bulldogs are superior in every way shape and form.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
So..living in a certain area of a city gives someone the right to call a person a "skin bag leb"?

Kimmy doesn't believe in any player outside the Bulldogs. She's an obsessed fanatic, who'll stop at nothing to try and convince people that the Bulldogs are superior in every way shape and form.
[/b]
Hahahah sooo wrong there buddy.

Whilst I am probably an obsessed fanatic..:)..I do know talent when I see it. Yes Brian Carney was good, but there are better wingers out there then him.

Carney was a class player who was outstanding in the NRL i have heard
Didnt he get the Winger of the year award ?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
So..living in a certain area of a city gives someone the right to call a person a "skin bag leb"?[/b][/quote]
Yes.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
So..living in a certain area of a city gives someone the right to call a person a "skin bag leb"?[/b][/quote]
Yes.
[/b][/quote]

Watch it kimmy

Some of the crap that goes down in western sydney regarding the ethnics is not something you should assume

I have witnesssed and felt the wrath of Ethnic's in packs............if they wont choose to uphold aussie value's - then f*** off.

Its a shame your NRL team is flooded with these people as fanatics/supports.......IMO they choose this team to support coz they can relate to the word DOG, and is an easy english word to say and spell - which they have difficulty with when they are fresh of the Beruit Fleet

Latest posts