• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bristol vs Rotherham, The Mem - Sunday 29th August

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
It has been a tough and long summer for any Bristol supporter but Sunday sees the 2010-2011 season get underway at the Mem with Rotherham the visitors.

I will be at the game, hopefully taking a few pictures aswell and will write a full match report too. The team selected is ;

Jack Tovey
Sean Marsden
Jack Adams
Ed Barnes
Dan Norton
Nicky Little
Sam Alford

Mark Irish
Ollie Hayes
Wayne Thompson
Roy Winters (C)
Ben Glynn
Darren Barry
James Merriman
Dan Montagu

Subs;
David Blaney, Mako Vunipola, Mariano Sambucetti, Jamie Miller, Richard Bolt, Adrian Jarvis, Jack Gadd

Excited to see Marsden back in the Blue and White for a 3rd spell and look forward to see the academy graduates getting to show why they're so highly thought of. Gadd is a Wales U18 international who could be in the Wales U20 squad for the 6 Nations. I think we have enough talent there to win. That back-line looks very good, has lots of speed in it and in Little a 10 to manage them.

Bristol 27-12 Roth

Is the 27-12 the predicted result?

Prediction? No Marty, it's a cast iron certainty! Iain has seen it. It's in that damn almanac.

Doc%20Brown.jpg

As a resident of the Peoples Republic of Yorkshire I want Roth to win, but on the other hand as a follower of Rovrem's great rivals Doncaster I want Brizzle to win...help!

We lost 26-24 after conceding a try in injury time in, what I could tell, farcical circumstances. We had aleady lost 1 prop through injury and during a Rotherham attack the other prop gets injured and is forced off before a scrum. We had already lost a player to a sin-bin and had used all our substitutions.

The Ref didn't look like he knew what to do and it ended up with Dan Norton being told to leave the pitch for some reason and we conceded the try with 12 players on the pitch. That is what it looked like to me from the opposie end of the pitch. I'll wait until I see the official report to fully understand but to me it looked like a sham.

Otherwise we lost becuase of a) our inibility to kiill the game off, had 2 or 3 chances to score the 3rd try but kept dropping it and b) ill-dicslipline, too many penalties in kickable range and their kicker just didn't miss. Little played very well and was deserved MOTM. Henry Paul is now playing for Rovverum and did nowt when he came on.

Lots to work on but it's only game one of many.

EDIT- from the report on bristolrugby.co.uk.

In the final minutes, things appeared to go from bad to worse for the home side when Mark Irish left the field through injury, following fellow prop Wayne Thompson who has previously come off for the same reason. As both teams waited for play to resume, confusion set in as Bristol seemed without two props and only thirteen players on the pitch. The rule - brought in last season - states that if an uncontested scrum is required through lack of props, another player must come off which in this case, was Dan Norton.

If thats the case then that is absolute goddamn bullshit. We were punished, essentially, for having 2 injured props as if it was our fault thay got crocked.

Last edited:
The ***ans are back in business, 2 wins out of 2 against Bris and Bedford.

Latest posts