• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

British & Irish Lions vs Japan

Concussion. Stating the obvious but really hope he's ok and passes the protocols. Never know these days so slightly concerning.

Head injury apparently
Has anyone seen Welsh exile around camp with a bat?
In all seriousness, I hope he's back soon, it must be soul destroying to end up getting injured before having the chance to put the jersey on.
Yeah, doing it in training must be so gutting. No need to panic yet, though.

Anyone know if he's had any bad head knocks before?

Yeah, doing it in training must be so gutting. No need to panic yet, though.

Anyone know if he's had any bad head knocks before?
He did his knee 2-3 years ago but not aware of any head knocks recently. I think the Lions coaches will be extra cautious with knocks and ****les as flying replacements in will be more challenging than previous tours given the COVID protocols and bubble. I would guess this is precautionary. Gatland said every player will get a start in the first three games and so I guess Tips chance came earlier than expected.

He did his knee 2-3 years ago but not aware of any head knocks recently. I think the Lions coaches will be extra cautious with knocks and ****les as flying replacements in will be more challenging than previous tours given the COVID protocols and bubble. I would guess this is precautionary. Gatland said every player will get a start in the first three games and so I guess Tips chance came earlier than expected.
It won't matter how well Tipuric plays as Gatland is never starting him unless we have big injury concerns. He'll have Faletau hiding out on the wing so need for Tips as well.

Furlong comes in for Fagerson who has a back spasm. Sinckler comes into the bench. Back spasms do be narsty

I've had two bad back spasms in my life. One was playing a match, the other was walking into the kitchen for a beer. I do suspect the second was from me doing stupid exercises though.

We're not off to an ideal start injury wise. Obviously North ruled out early on but hopefully Fargerson and Watson are ok. If they're not then we really are off to a terrible start.

Mind you, I was saying to myself if we only get 1 or 2 injuries before the first test then we've done well and that could still play out like that but I doubt it will.

Some very non Japanese players in that Japan side. You'd never find foreigners in the British and Irish (and South African, tongan,kiwi) lions.

Anyone in the US seen confirmation as to where/whether this game will be broadcast? It is supposed to be NBC Peacock, but right now it is not showing on their schedule.

Latest posts