• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brive announce signing of Flutey

C

Cymro

French club Brive have announced the signing of England centre Riki Flutey from Wasps on a two-year deal.

The versatile New Zealand-born back has won six caps for England and scored his first international try in the Six Nations opener against Italy.

The 29-year-old Flutey joins his fellow England team-mate Andy Goode at Brive, who are currently in sixth place in the French league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...sps/7893734.stm

It's been hard to ignore his nationality thusfar, but a 29 year old Kiwi playing in France in the english team???

That does have a nice ring to it, no?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nidhogg @ Feb 17 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's been hard to ignore his nationality thusfar, but a 29 year old Kiwi playing in France in the english team???

That does have a nice ring to it, no?[/b]
Indeed it does.
My initial reaction was, "Jesus Christ, that's messed up."

Another blow for Wasps then. He's very good at his best.

Hopefully this means he'll forefit his residency and we can get a decent 12 into the England side.

Otherwise, meh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 17 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nidhogg @ Feb 17 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed it does.

[/b][/quote]

Wasn't Perry Freshwater in the same situation when he used to play for England and Perpignan?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Apr 2 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 17 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed it does.

[/b][/quote]

Wasn't Perry Freshwater in the same situation when he used to play for England and Perpignan?
[/b][/quote]

Same but I think its because Flutey is a Maori were Perry Freshwater was not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Apr 2 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 17 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed it does.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Freshwater's dad is English though, same with Hines being at Perpignan.

Latest posts