• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bulls v Chiefs

T

The TRUTH

Well last week was the last week i'll ever tip that shower of shite known as the Cheifs :angry:

Bulls will be fired up after their loss last week and should take this one comfortably.

Oh and big,bad,biting,eye gouging Bakkies Botha is back!

Got to back the Bulls for this one, by 15 points or more, I`d say- they`ll be desperate to get back to more familiar levels on the log, they`re at home before the tour from hell, and yup, Bakkies is BACK! The big bruiser of the 2nd row will get approx. 30 minutes of time off the bench, and I for one can`t wait to see him back in action. Also, Derick Hougaard may be back, off the bench also, hoping to impress.

Can`t see the Chiefs getting anywhere near, they`ll be going from the coast to the highveld, with all the associated altitude problems, and if they couldn`t finish off a struggling Stormers side last weekend, the`ll really struggle against a highly motivated Bulls side at Loftus.

Bulls line-up:

15- Johan Roets
14- Akona Ndungane
13- JP Nel
12- Wayne Julies
11- Bryan Habana
10- Morne Steyn
9- Fourie Du Preez
8- Anton Leonard
7- Wikus Van Heerden
6- Danie Rossouw
5- Vic Matfield
4- BAKKIES BOTHA- in the starting line-up, finally over his achilles heel!!!!!!!!!!!!
3- Danie Thiart
2- Gary Botha
1- Guthro Steenkamp

Reserves:
16- Jaco Engels
17- Ruan Vermeulen
18- Pedrie Wannenburg
19- Derick Kuun
20- Heini Adams
21- Derick Hougaard
22- Jaco vd Westhuizen

For mine I'm going against the grain and going with the Chiefs in a close one.
Both teams were not completely out classed by the opponents last week... the Chiefs really where in the game until THAT BLOODY TRY, but saying that I agree that the Bulls will be a handful at home... but Bates is playing a milestone and will give the team the edge.

We'll I'm hoping anyway.

chiefs are just missing too many players to get a win especially in south africa. they are missing their abs plus others like anesi and their inspirational captain jono gibbes. bulls by 13+

Head to Head: well almost

Bulls 1. Gurthro Steenkamp, 2. Gary Botha, 3. Danie Thiart, 4. Bakkies Botha, 5. Victor Matfield (Captain), 6. Danie Rossouw, 7. Wikus van Heerden, 8. Anton Leonard; 9. Fourie Du Preez, 10. Morne Steyn, 11. Bryan Habana, 12. Wayne Julies, 13. JP Nel, 14. Akona Ndungane, 15. Johan Roets.
Reserves: 16. Jaco Engels, 17. Ruan Vermeulen, 18. Pedrie Wannenburg, 19. Derick Kuun, 20. Heini Adams, 21. Derick Hougaard, 22. Jaco van der Westhuyzen.

Chiefs (likely line-up)
1. Simms Davison, 2. Tom Willis, 3. Ben Castle, 4. Kristian Ormsby, 5. Toby Lynn, 6. Steven Bates (captain), 7. Marty Holah, 8. Liam Messam, 9. Brendon Leonard, 10. Stephen Donald, 11. Roy Kinikinilau, 12. Tane Tu'ipulotu, 13. Niva Ta'auso, 14. Lelia Masaga, 15. Dwayne Sweeney.
Reserves: 16. Aled de Malmanche, 17. Nathan White, 18. Andrew van der Heijden, 19. Tanerau Latimer, 20. Jamie Nutbrown, 21. Murray Williams, 22. Anthony Tahana.

I doubt that will be the lineup apparently Lauaki is cleared to play and I think so is Kahui, but I'm not overly sure. It will be a bit strange to take off Ta'auso who has been about the only back to fire consistently, so probably Tane Tuipolotu will get the shaft and Kahui may slip in at 12.

Head to Head:

BULLS:: 15 Johan Roets, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Anton Leonard, 7 Wikus van Heerden, 6 Danie Rossouw, 5 Victor Matfield ©, 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Danie Thiart, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Gurthro Steenkamp. Reserves: 16 Jaco Engels, 17 Ruan Vermeulen, 18 Pedrie Wannenburg, 19 Derick Kuun; 20 Heini Adams, 21 Derick Hougaard, 22 Jaco van der Westhuyzen.

CHIEFS: 15 Dwayne Sweeney, 14 Lelia Masaga, 13 Richard Kahui, 12 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 11 Roy Kinikinilau, 10 Stephen Donald/Murray Williams, 9 Brendon Leonard; 8 Sione Lauaki, 7 Marty Holah, 6 Steven Bates ©, 5 Toby Lynn, 4 Kristian Ormsby/Keith Robinson, 3 Nathan White, 2 Tom Willis, 1 Simms Davison. Reserves: 16 Aled de Malmanche, 17 Ben Castle, 18 Kristian Ormsby/Tanerau Latimer/Andrew van der Heidjen, 19 Liam Messam, 20 Brendon Leonard, 21 Murray Williams/Anthony Tahana, 22 Niva Ta'auso.

Think there maybe some last minute changes for the Chiefs... Donald has an injury also big Keith Robinson may be a late inclusion (welcome back Bakkies you boof head... fingers crossed Robinson's in). Also the return of Lauki should be good to see against the Bulls... perfect timimg.

Big shame if they are going to bench Ta'auso, he's been a consitant performer.
Agree with ozzy that Kahui should be having a look at 12. But you never know - he might have a blinder!

Most people I have spoken too have written off the Chiefs in this game... I'm not

Apparently the Chiefs robbed after the final whistle when Habana looked to have stepped into touch while heading for the try line and the try was awarded.

30-27 to the Bulls

The scorers:

For the Bulls:
Tries: B Botha, Steenkamp, Habana
Pens: Steyn 3, Hougaard 2

For the Chiefs:
Tries: Masaga 2, Sweeney
Cons: Donald 3
Pens: Donald 2

i think it was a fair try

ok...ok..we have enough quality wingers in nz but some one get masaga a freakin award!!!

Pretty decent game of rugby, this one- the result was in the balance up to the final whistle.

For the Chiefs, obviously Masaga and Kinikinilau stood out, making the much-vaunted Bulls Bok wing duo of Habana and Ndungane look like absolute charlies on occasion. Marty Holah was also outstanding, and was only really neutralised by the very impressive late sub, Derick Kuun. Very strong showing by the Chiefs when they had ball in hand and spun it out wide.

For the Bulls, well they`ll be happy to get out with a win, and Habana will be happy to get the winning try, even if he looked way out of depth earlier. The Bulls looked awesome at times, and absolutely hopeless at others- a very inconsistent performance. I seriously hope that we`ve now seen the last of the kick-and-charge by the Bulls, because their follow-up was pathetic, and their defense from the kicks atrocious.

Two very bright shining lights for the Bulls were returning Boks Bakkies Botha and Guthro Steenkamp- both looked full of rugby, and very hungry after long injury lay-offs. Steenkamp especially injected some real pace into almost everything that he did, obviously feeling the pressure from Heinke vd Merwe of the Lions for a RWC place.

Latest posts