• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CAn you pick the stadium/weather/time

J

jacob

I am just wondering can you pick the time you play the match, the type of weather there is along with the stadium

It would be interesting to find out why they still chose to exclude this - I recon its some kind of technical issue?

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 8 2006, 01:17 AM
It would be interesting to find out why they still chose to exclude this - I recon its some kind of technical issue?
Yep probably don't have dynamic weather, so it can only rain at a certain stadium and you can only play at night in a certain stadium.

Similar to some racing games where you would only see rain in a specific race/track.

Originally posted by mikeeboy+Feb 8 2006, 01:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 8 2006, 01:17 AM
Yep probably don't have dynamic weather, so it can only rain at a certain stadium and you can only play at night in a certain stadium.

Similar to some racing games where you would only see rain in a specific race/track. [/b]
Yea thats probably true - I recon its also down to cost. Trev mentioned this when I asked him why RC2006 has such short game times. Its somehting to do with the cost of testing longer games. I wonder if having a dynamic weather system is really costly to test?

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 8 2006, 01:45 AM-->
Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 8 2006, 01:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 8 2006, 01:17 AM

Similar to some racing games where you would only see rain in a specific race/track.
Yea thats probably true - I recon its also down to cost. Trev mentioned this when I asked him why RC2006 has such short game times. Its somehting to do with the cost of testing longer games. I wonder if having a dynamic weather system is really costly to test? [/b]
It's more likely a graphics redraw problem. (even though I have no knowledge of computer graphics whatsoever ;) )

i dont think it can be that, as its in the game, you just can't chose it. its like "random" or something

Originally posted by jacob@Feb 7 2006, 11:59 PM
I am just wondering can you pick the time you play the match, the type of weather there is along with the stadium
Yes you can mate, well in Friendlies anyway. You choose stadium, day/night, Time (of course) & wind. Doesn't show weather though.

Unsure if these this options are available in tournies though, perhaps Locks can clear that up?

Not that it would alter my decision on whether to get this game or not but, would be nice to add to the game.

I think this is a useless feature. Picking the weather pfft.

I think they exclude this on purpose to add some realism to the game for all those who want a real rugby sim...because in life you can't pick the weather.......

But in friendlies it's always handy to have the option... That's what makes it a game. Being able to have full control over what you wouldn't normally.
In tournament modes and stuff you shouldn't choose (or maybe have the option anyway but a default as "Random")

In real life someone wouldn't be able to live through 3 sniper bullets to the head...

Good news that you can though.

Latest posts