• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury Vs Waikato

Actually I am pretty sure he did now. I think he came on as a replacement during the Fijian test this year.

He did play fiji this year, and your right GG, he's damn quick just doesn't have a step really... he's got bung knees or something

yeh he played against fiji early this year

are you guys lost????

do you guys watch rugby???...geez

hahahahahha

Originally posted by umosay@Sep 18 2005, 09:57 PM
... he's got bung knees or something
???????????

Because he can't step or swerve he will not make it anywhere and will join the ranks of other Samoan speedsters who didn't bother learning in school other skills apart from running around people. He will become a.......FAATAU DISCIPLE!!!

I read a while ago that he need operations on his knees or something. He does have a bit of a step but its more of a swerve.

hell no

dont even go there!

faatau is an awesome winger...he is kinda like got rokocokos agility and has got great accerleration and top speed

anesi isnt as elusive as faatau nor does he have the great support play or the field awareness..

and he cant match the agility..he just runs and is a good finisher

prolly the only thing they have in common wud be there weak tackling..but faatau has better def awareness then anesi...

anesi needs more bulk to become more intimidating coz thats how he plays..very aggressive and usually comes of second best

i remember tuquri throwing him around rag doll styles for a whole game...lol

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 18 2005, 09:58 PM
yeh he played against fiji early this year

are you guys lost????

do you guys watch rugby???...geez
Oh, my bad.

...Can't have been a very memorable performance then...

Yea I didnt think Anesi was fast,Shows sometimes you need that elusiveness to make you look faster on the field,I didnt think Anesi was a real threat when i watched him during his 1st NPC yr.

This is why you should play alot of touch even if some people say it will make you soft,help you gain the elusive skills.

well waikato fans are still freaking annoying. i know they're from bloody "mooloo" land by those cow bells annoy me to no end. that was the primary reason i always hated going to games when waikato came to town is because those cow bells are just so bloody annoying.

i was quite surprised how badly Marty Holah played. he was to careless around the breakdown and was penalised too many times he's just a couple of steps behind mccaw but so is the rest of the openside's in the world.

that massive prop for waikato Philemon Toleafoa(i had to look that up) is absolutly useless. considering he's the biggest guy on the field and can't do anything is rediculous. he got hammered over and over again in the scrum. his body position is so bad that he should be wrecked at every scrum and did. i mean the guys back was arched so bad in the scrum it's not even funny he was the one soly responsible for all the callapsed scrums in the game. and it's not just one game it's a pattern because in the game last week against auckland he did the same exact thing and got hammered there too. i hope they don't keep playing him until he gets that sorted because he's going to get hurt or someone else in the front row is.

It's quite amazing how much sivivatu and rococoko look almost exactly a like when they run. it's such a similar style. it's very dodgy and swervy quite unorthodox but very deceptive he always looks so dangerous with the ball in hand. it also helps that he is tremendously quick.

Sione Lauaki had some big runs, just a tremendous day all around with the ball in hand and seemed quite good around the tackle area and rucks. i'd still prefer jerry collins at blind in an all black jersey but this kid seems like an amazing impact player to come on in the last 20 mins. kind of like brad thorn in the sense that i could just see him come on and hammer ppl.

Steven Bates is a solid number 8 but there is a lot of talent at no 8 right now but i think he could be called up to the all blacks on the end of year tour. it's weird that he's captain though with Jono Gibbes and Deacon Manu in the line up. the former being i feel one of the most respected men in nz rugby.

Byron Kelleher had a blinder of a game and is a favourite come november for that AB's jersey. he was all over the place playing some great defence in parts and also a great individual effort to score his try breaking through a few tacklers on his way to the goal line. i think he just needs to cool his head from time to time. he just does some things that are a wee bit to fiesty like that forearm to the face of the guy getting the ball just unneeded stuff that might get him in trouble in a big game.

Corey Flynn had a fairly quiet evening for canterbury nothing spectacular but just a solid outing. he is the next great hooker for canterbury though and is still in my opinion the most dynamic hooker in nz.

Reuben Thorne has never been a flashy player by any sense but was always in the rucks and tackling like a man possessed. but to me it seems like he's lost a step and is comming to the end of the line. he should probably go overseas next year to cash in while he still can. who am i kidding?he can still cash in when he is way past his prime look at christian cullen making a bunch of money and is no where near as good as they are paying him.

Johnny Leo'o should enjoy his time at openside while he can because when richie comes back he'll take the back seat for another couple of years. i truly feel that Leo'o could start for almost any other province he's that good but nobody really knows because he's behind mccaw. Mose Tuiali'i played a good game too though he did something that you usually only see in U11's and are told not to second you start playing-HE RAN SIDEWAYS.

I had a feeling a couple years ago when i saw Jamie Nutbrown play that he wasn't the saviour to take over when marshall was to leave and he clearly isn't however i was very impressed by Andrew Ellis. at times in this game i was like "is that justin marshal?" it doesn't help that his hair is very similar to jmarsh's but this kid is going to be good. his pass is so crisp better than jmarsh's near the end of his spell in canterbury. sure there were a few bad passes like when he threw that bad pass to ben blair when blair was going to make a clearance but no scrum half is perfect for a whole game. his decision making was also questionable at times he'd go into a ruck then look around for where he was going to pass the ball and in doing so slowed down the speed of the game and i think canterbury missed a few opportunities. but this kid is young and could be the next jmarsh i'm not saying that he will be but he should be a solid replacement.

From what i saw ben blair is at peak performance and at the top of his game. he just was side steping ppl here and there so effortlessly making huge breaks all over the park. his clearance kicks were dead on and his tackling was perfect as usual the only exception was when Lauaki ran him over but i think he can be excused. the man has icewater in his veins, his kicking under pressure is as good as it always has been which won the game for canterbury and i think he's still top 3 in goal kicking in the country. i'm looking for him to make his return to the all black jersey in november.

Originally posted by fcukernaut@Sep 29 2005, 07:53 AM
Steven Bates is a solid number 8 but there is a lot of talent at no 8 right now but i think he could be called up to the all blacks on the end of year tour. it's weird that he's captain though with Jono Gibbes and Deacon Manu in the line up. the former being i feel one of the most respected men in nz rugby.

Corey Flynn had a fairly quiet evening for canterbury nothing spectacular but just a solid outing. he is the next great hooker for canterbury though and is still in my opinion the most dynamic hooker in nz.
Even with 35 Players going on the Grand Slam Tour, I still doubt Bates would get a spot. Mose Tuiali'i, Rodney, Jerry, Phat Boy and Kaino are all ahead on the pecking order IMO.

and for an explosive Hooker - check out Tim Dow.

He scores more tries then most NPC Wings.

very true the number 8 depth is quite deep right now but there is always a chance however unlikely.

well since moving from nz to canada 2 years ago i still can't get used to only having one game a week on tv. and it's usually a garbage game but they've been alright the past few. what province does Tim Dow play for?

Latest posts