• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Captains knock

S

sambãd5

in my world league team, martin johnson is my captain, but hes died (or injured for 2 seasons) i was wondering who would be the best captain, ive got a full strength team so the picks are: A.Oliver, Corrigan, W.orman, sillivi, mccaw and bod. Oliver, corrigan and sillivi are the only ones who have command as a special stat. oh and also PAUL ***O THE MAORI GINGA! but hes only the captain of the naki...

also, does the captain actually do anything?

Sure I read somewhere that it affects how quickly your team gains/loses spirit (the little yellow bar) but could just be making that up...

Of course captaincy makes a difference...

what do you guys think command means in the star page for attributes??

Better captain - better momentum gathering...turnovers...everything.

Oliver has "command" star - give him a go.
<

Originally posted by thecripplernz@Mar 30 2005, 08:17 AM
sambad its not cool to have a picture of paul ***o, seriously not cool
the ginga maori is the man, dont diss. hes a legend. he should captain the all blacks, well.... at least be in the all blacks. hes the man

Originally posted by sambad5+Mar 30 2005, 04:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Mar 30 2005, 04:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-thecripplernz
@Mar 30 2005, 08:17 AM
the ginga maori is the man, dont diss. hes a legend. he should captain the all blacks, well.... at least be in the all blacks. hes the man [/b]
So you ignore my crucial tips eh? and instead defend ***o - the most overrated lock in the world and chronic mis-tackler...yeah good one.

While they say having a captain with good command helps, you never notice, and lets be honest its probably bulls**t, so choose who you like the best.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 30 2005, 04:45 PM
While they say having a captain with good command helps, you never notice, and lets be honest its probably bulls**t, so choose who you like the best.
No it does matter - do a controlled study on it and you will see. My ABs team play better with Oliver in charge than Umaga - FACT.

The difference? COMMAND.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 30 2005, 03:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 30 2005, 03:42 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sambad5@Mar 30 2005, 04:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-thecripplernz
@Mar 30 2005, 08:17 AM

the ginga maori is the man, dont diss. hes a legend. he should captain the all blacks, well.... at least be in the all blacks. hes the man
So you ignore my crucial tips eh? and instead defend ***o - the most overrated lock in the world and chronic mis-tackler...yeah good one. [/b]
na nothing againced your posts or anything, i do have anton as captain now, and waiting for johnson to come back.

PAUL ***O IS THE MAN! I DONT CARE IF HES THE WORST PLAYER IN THE GAME, HES A GINGA MAORI!!

Haha! Ok , golly alright - I'll give it to him 4 being a ginga maori!! Legend. lol.
<

Thats a load of crap!!, Ive tried it now with oliver, and then Tana 3 10 minute half games for each all against england. no difference whatsoever. Never underestimate the power of imagination, If its working for you, then keep doing whatever your doing!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 1 2005, 04:28 PM
Thats a load of crap!!, Ive tried it now with oliver, and then Tana 3 10 minute half games for each all against england. no difference whatsoever. Never underestimate the power of imagination, If its working for you, then keep doing whatever your doing!
Never underestimate the power of incompetence - ONE game!!??

believe what you want to believe - but studying the difference involes two things:

- several games

- actually being able to play (congrats on your imagination in this department).

Originally posted by Los Lover+Apr 1 2005, 06:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Apr 1 2005, 06:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Apr 1 2005, 04:28 PM
Never underestimate the power of incompetence - ONE game!!??

believe what you want to believe - but studying the difference involes two things:

- several games

- actually being able to play (congrats on your imagination in this department). [/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
3 10 minute half games for each[/b]

yes never underestimate the power of incompetence
<