• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Northampton Saints

Damning evidences I think:

hartleygouged2.jpg

hartleygouged1.jpg

hartleygouged3.jpg

And look who's the only one standing in a position who could have had his hand there (bare in mind it's a white hand, so cant be lalalalalalala)
hartleygouged4.jpg

That's his season over

Well we'll see the outcome but it doesnt look good.. However they could claim you cant really tell who's hand that is in the image but that will likely fail... One thing watching the game though that caught my attention but not the ref's it seems was the build up to rush's red card Rees got took out midair and nothing happened.

Oh and Cymro just before impact lawes is on one knee, thats why I dont think he'll get a ban. Being fully commited for a tackle at speed then the opposition slips wasnt his fault and pulling out he'd have likely ran into him

Last edited:
I can claim I can tell because I just just replayed the match and took the screenshots!

Anyway, I don't know what incident where Rees was "taken out in the air in the buildup for Rush's card". The only 50/50 air ball between Davies getting binned and Rush getting banned is the contest between Ashton and Rush after the penalty restart:
5050ashtonrush.jpg

Nothing wrong from either player there.

Rees never once jumped in the air to contest a ball in that part of the game, therefore couldn't have "been taken out mid air", so I call your claim bullshit.

Not going to lie but a good enough lawyer could argue thats not Rees hand going into Harleys eye region. You also got to prove it was with intent also. Not defending anyone there because ive been gouged and got the T-Shirt its one of the most scariest experience you will get on a rugby field. But I mean Hartley has got to watch himself also. I like him as a player but some of the stuff he does to get himself into those types of situation I just wonder what the hell is he doing.

Let's not make out any bones about it though, Rees was being a cnut at FG also. It doesn't surprise me.

Hartleys previous record - which I may also mention involves only one incident - always gets brought up. Deflection via Flinging old muck.

From the Cardiff fans board:
34zin9v.jpg

Hartleys previous record - which I may also mention involves only one incident - always gets brought up. Deflection via Flinging old muck.

What about the ****ly things he does ... or does that not count in your eyes because he is a Saints player? I mean the little diggs he has at players surely counts for something?

How was it any different when the likes of Sean Fitzpatrick, Keith Wood, Steve Thonpson, Brian Moore, Kevin Mealamu, Jerry Flannary, Raphaël Ibañez, Trevor Leota, Ross Ford or even a certain Matthew Rees does it, Rob? Part of a [strike]Hookers[/strike] job is to get under the skin of the opposition. Hartley however lives with this constant microscope over him. because of an incident which happened 4 years ago.

Don't accuse me of club bias when I'm pointing out facts. That's a **** weak argument if it's the best you can come back with.

How was it any different when the likes of Sean Fitzpatrick, Keith Wood, Steve Thonpson, Kevin Mealamu, Jerry Flannary, Raphaël Ibañez, Trevor Leota, Ross Ford or even a certain Matthew Rees does it, Rob?

Don't accuse me of club bias when I'm pointing out facts. That's a **** weak argument if it's the best you can come back with.

There is no difference between who does it, Hartley's reputation follows him.

So shouting his mouth off, clashing his head into Gareth Williams head at scrum time?, little diggs with his elbow on the ground, the slight pushes as the kick chaster comes through ... its not a **** argument, the only thing I cannot do is provide images. But its out there if you look for it. I hate it when people go ... oh he's only been done for something once, when he should have been punished a few more times. When someone does something then to Hartley there seems to be an outcry of it being unfair.

Outcry? This is one incident which was reported.

I looked for it on the video and it's clear as day. If you want I can point out when Williams pinned Hartley down on the floor and was elbowing Hartley in the face also? Or when Martin Williams did the same thing to Dowson? Or maybe when ***o grabbed Hartley by the throat? Or maybe ***o milking for a penalty by holding down Day?

One team seemed to go into that game with more then just Rugby on their mind. I'll give you a hint which one - They weren't an English team.

Outcry? This is one incident which was reported.

I looked for it on the video and it's clear as day. If you want I can point out when Williams pinned Hartley down on the floor and was elbowing Hartley in the face also? Or when Martyn Williams did the same thing to Dowson? Or maybe when ***o grabbed Hartley by the throat? Or maybe ***o milking for a penalty by holding down Day?

One team seemed to go into that game with more then just Rugby on their mind. I'll give you a hint which one - They weren't an English team.

With Hartley im not talking about this one game, im talking about other games as well.

That's nice. I'm talking about this game. So where's this debate going exactly?

I have pointed out that ***o specifically targeted him this week (and I did Davies a dis-service last week as it was actually ***o who was stamping on someone during a ruck at FG), but apparently this is a "boo-hoo-hoo, Hartley is always on the receiving end". I can't quite see where the defence of the various Cardiff antics is coming from.

That's nice. I'm talking about this game. So where's this debate going exactly?

I have pointed out that ***o specifically targeted him this week (and I did Davies a dis-service last week as it was actually ***o who was stamping on someone during a ruck at FG), but apparently this is a "boo-hoo-hoo, Hartley is always on the receiving end". I can't quite see where the defence of the various Cardiff antics is coming from.

Let me point you in the correct direction because you are making assumptions:

1. When one was talking about Hartley one was referring to his entire career and not this game, you assumed that it was this game, one was not.
2. Where has one defended that antics of the other Blues players .... thats right one has not because one does not agree with what they did and never will.

Thank you and good night :)

1. This is a thread entitled "CARDIFF BLUES VS NORTHAMPTON SAINTS" - Specifically about round 4 of the 2010/2011 Heineken Cup.

Thank you.

1. This is a thread entitled "CARDIFF BLUES VS NORTHAMPTON SAINTS" - Specifically about round 4 of the 2010/2011 Heineken Cup.

Thank you.

Smacks of narrow mindedness im afraid.

Can't say this because I say so ... not really the case.

Certainly doesn't look good from the pictures Bullit posted,
It could only be Richie or Gethin, as the only two players behind him, and Gethin would need a very long and oddly jointed arm to get round there, so it must've been Richie.

Also: Those Saints kits are minging.

What? Narrow Mindedness? So now you're making digs at me when I'm talking about the rugby?

Very good argument there Rob. Bravo.

Also: Those Saints kits are minging.

Yep. Peppermint Green in all it's radioactive vomit glory.

To quote a man I was talking to after a match a few weeks back when I suggested the black testimonial shirts are used instead of the current away thing:
Bruce Reihana said:
I always have pride in a Northampton shirt. Except maybe that one!
:lol:

What? Narrow Mindedness? So now you're making digs at me when I'm talking about the rugby?

Very good argument there Rob. Bravo.

Just going to walk away from this because there is no reasoning with you and you just told me that this thread is solely about this game, which it is, but when debating Hartley you have to bring in other things which they WAY YOU put it I am not allowed. Spoiled it, cheers.

I can claim I can tell because I just just replayed the match and took the screenshots!

Anyway, I don't know what incident where Rees was "taken out in the air in the buildup for Rush's card". The only 50/50 air ball between Davies getting binned and Rush getting banned is the contest between Ashton and Rush after the penalty restart:
5050ashtonrush.jpg

Nothing wrong from either player there.

Rees never once jumped in the air to contest a ball in that part of the game, therefore couldn't have "been taken out mid air", so I call your claim bullshit.

My bad keep getting names mixed up, all I saw was a cardiff player went for the ball then was on the floor for the next 5 or so minutes.. a friend of mine said it was Rees of which was obviously wrong..

Ain't my fault rob if you interpreted my coment about how Hartleys previous is always brought up wrong Rob.

Latest posts