• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Northampton Saints

Ain't my fault rob if you interpreted my coment about how Hartleys previous is always brought up wrong Rob.

Yep :)

And it ain't mine that you can't let people bring in why people go for him.

Hartley being a nob is true but irrelevant. The pictures look very bad and from that it looks very dangerous and intentional.

Its obvious that Hartly upset the blues pack last week with his ****les and ***o has always had a short fuse. I'm not endorsing his actions at all though.

Hartly's not a nice guy on the field and I don't think blues fans would be the first to suggest that he may go to far.

In terms of the gouging I'd be very surprised if it was done with intent. Pictures are difficult to interpret in terms of the context of which the contact was made. I.e did the head move into that position etc. It's just not like Richie Rees. Hopefully it was accidental in the heat of the moment. Leaves a bit of a problem at scrum half for the blues when he gets his ban.

Saw the ITV highlights of this match earlier, and though it was only 10mins of the match, ***o was involved in off the ball stuff every shot, it was mad. Never really though of him as that kind of player, but apparently he is.
Also, saw the gouge/poke (knew when to look out for it from Bullits pics above), definately not nice. Enough force in his eye to drag him backwards by it, so Rees should get a decent amount of time off.

Ahh thanks for that Olyy. A moment of madness and deserves all he gets if that's the case. It's a real shame as he has been developing into a good scrum half for the blues.

***o's always been like it, even in NZ. Not sure how he became a crowds favourite but there we go!

Cardiff Blues' Xavier Rush handed one-week suspension

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ALgtYUkUgv4&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ALgtYUkUgv4&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Cardiff Blues number eight Xavier Rush has been suspended for one week after a red card against Northampton and will miss the Newport Gwent Dragons match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/cardiff_blues/9310287.stm

Has Rees had his hearing too?
Not seen anything about it, so presume he got off scot free?

Has Rees had his hearing too?
Not seen anything about it, so presume he got off scot free?

No date has yet to be set for Blues scrum-half Richie Rees for the hearing. According to the BBC article above.

right whilst i have no problem with mr rush only getting a weeks ban, i do find it a bit strange that richie rees could miss the rest of the season for what he did but rush only gets a week for something far worse in my opinion.

right whilst i have no problem with mr rush only getting a weeks ban, i do find it a bit strange that richie rees could miss the rest of the season for what he did but rush only gets a week for something far worse in my opinion.

Rush I think was lucky because Lawes knee was on the ground and seemed to have slipped, had he not probably hit him in the top end of the chest area. I personally think a 3-4 week ban was on the cards.

RushHit.jpg

At 2:15-2:16

Gouging is a lot worse than the hit Rush gave, so if Rees is found guilty be interesting to see what Rees gets.

if lawes didnt slip the only way rush could've hit him high would have been if rush's hand was above his head to hit him high.. I know I said he shouldn't get a ban due to the grouding of the knee just before / start of impact but 1 week for a high tackle which wasnt his fault is fair. As for Rees he'll likely miss the 6 Nations if found guilty.

Edited to correct..

Last edited:
if lawes didnt slip rush's hand would've been above his head to hit him high.

Explain? :lol:

If Lawes was on his feet then surely he would have been taller and therefore Rush's hit would have been slightly lower?

well i am just looking at the 2 incidents as i see them,rush could have seriously damaged lawes and i mean seriously,gauging is only worse in the eyes of the rugby law makers.look at the 2 incidents you dont need to work for nasa to work out which is worse.ive had worse than the hartley incident playing with my kids.
i just think they should decide players bans on the evidence not which is deemed worse in there rule book,i have a feeling mr rees will be banned for a long while while rush just one week it just aint right.
but it is only my opinion

Explain? :lol:

If Lawes was on his feet then surely he would have been taller and therefore Rush's hit would have been slightly lower?

Lol seems it doesnt come out as i ment it xD, what I ment was that if lawes didnt slip then the only way rush could've hit him high was to have his hand way above his head my bad xD

well i am just looking at the 2 incidents as i see them,rush could have seriously damaged lawes and i mean seriously,gauging is only worse in the eyes of the rugby law makers.look at the 2 incidents you dont need to work for nasa to work out which is worse.ive had worse than the hartley incident playing with my kids.
i just think they should decide players bans on the evidence not which is deemed worse in there rule book,i have a feeling mr rees will be banned for a long while while rush just one week it just aint right.
but it is only my opinion

Ye but had Lawes not slipped the tackle probably would have hit him high on the chest and not in the neck region as it did. People then would have been talking about what a hit it was from Rush instead of it being a debating point.

Keep it up like that rob and, heaven forbid, you'll look like you're desperate black is actually white.

Go back to the pub and stop being bitter!

Simply stating the truth, had he not slipped just before the tackle it would have probably been a fair one. I have not once defended any of the Blues players action from Rush to Rees, something that seems you think I have done. Get over it because I ain't done so. I know I have. If you want to carry on I suggest you 'PM' me so others can talk about the game.

Last edited:
If If If If If

Rush DID go for the big hit
Rush DID get it wrong
Rish DID tales Lawes head off
It WAS entirely Rushs fault

There seems to be this corner of Wales who are determined to make wveryone believe that Cardiff are the victims in all this. The law is VERY clear that a tackle above shoulder hieght is illegal and should result in a red card if deemed so. The tackled player can be on his knees if he wants, he can duck, slide, squat it doesn't matter - if the tackler hits him around the neck it is illegal - its the tacklers responsibility not to tackle above shoulder height.

P.S. I dont appear to be the bitter one...

as i said i have no problem with rush's ban and dont care what rees gets,my point would be the same if it was 2 saints players,its about time the ban fitted the crime.
rees has been citid for hand to the face not gauging hand bag stuff,but will he get more than a weeks ban of corse he will, was it worse or more dangerous than rush's tackle not in a million years.

so cymro please answer my point and stop making excuses for rush

Latest posts