• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

career mode

What do you need to know?

I'm up to season three and still on half a star...

Basically, you make up a team name (default: Warriors), give it a shortened name for the scoreboard (default: WAR), choose a logo, a uniform set (away and home). There are 8 of each... Finally you choose a stadium.

On the next screen you have a menu to choose from. It is the Pre-season. From here you can hire different skilled coaches ranging from something like 100cr to about 200cr (just a guess. I forgot.) This is how much eache training session costs for each coach. You start off with roughly 3000cr.

Once you're satisfied with your team/staff you can click on "Start Season".

From here you get a pop up notifying you that the Transfer Market is now open. To access it, click on "Manage Team" > "Transfer Market"
Here, you have a list of your team. You can Compare your players with players on the Transfer Market. You can sell players, or buy a new one from the ten or so on the Transfer Market.

Once you're satisfied with your team, you can then progress to your training... You will either do Individual Training (where you train a certain players stats by participating in a minigame of your choice.) and Team training where you train up your back row, front row or backs or the entire team depending on which minigame you choose.
Each minigame will improve your stats in a different way. For example, if you use your forwards in scrum training, your players stats will increase in the Power department depending on the level of your strength coach...

You have training before each match. You can skip it if you don't want to paricipate. You can also simulate matches if you don't want to play them.

Transfer Market will close after a couple of weeks and reopen midseason.

That's pretty much it.

so you can't choose from real teams? you buy real players with that 3000 credits you start off with? are you competing in the Premiership, Celtic League... or is it just completely made up? are player's stats saved for the season(s)? how in-depth are the stats that are kept? does the cost of keeping a player go up if you rack up the stats with that player? thanks for the info...

Originally posted by lamas@Feb 5 2006, 08:12 PM
so you can't choose from real teams? you buy real players with that 3000 credits you start off with? are you competing in the Premiership, Celtic League... or is it just completely made up? are player's stats saved for the season(s)? does the cost of keeping a player go up if you rack up the stats with that player? thanks for the info...
You cant buy real players

when player stats go up, they cost more

dunno what premiership is it, you get to play teams like bath, newcastle falcons, cardiff blues etc etc

Originally posted by lamas@Feb 5 2006, 08:12 PM
so you can't choose from real teams? you buy real players with that 3000 credits you start off with? are you competing in the Premiership, Celtic League... or is it just completely made up? are player's stats saved for the season(s)? how in-depth are the stats that are kept? does the cost of keeping a player go up if you rack up the stats with that player? thanks for the info...
It's sort of like a more in depth version of World League in EAs rugby series... Except you can't buy real players. But they can be trained up more and more as you progress...

Oh, and in my very first game, a certain Rob Henderson died for about 6 weeks... Useless.

Yes that happened to me as well.

Each time the transfer market opens you get a different ten players. I noticed there are some swordfish guys in there - with super stats and a high value. The rest, I'm pretty sure are TRF members - cheap and in need of training.

Once someone comes up with a player editor though, wont we be able to change all the career players to their real world counterparts ?

Yes, yes, yes.

I have no time at the moment though. I will try and get on it tonight.

Apologies to all for taking a long time over this.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Feb 6 2006, 05:37 AM
Yes, yes, yes.

I have no time at the moment though. I will try and get on it tonight.

Apologies to all for taking a long time over this.
M8, in your own time. If it takes a week it takes a week. If it takes a month it takes a month. Changing all the teams and names etc is something I would like to do long term but im still having fun just playing at the moment.

I need a volunteer to help me.

PM me to get a pre-alpha version of thie editor to help me work out the values in the database. This is always the hardest thing to do, and is made especially hard in this game because there are only 4 visible stats. I seem totally unable to find the kicking stat stored in the database.

Which is gay.

Latest posts