• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter vs Beale

J

Jaco de Beer

Two different type of players?

The fox vs. the hound. Carter is recognized as the best nr. 10 around! Beale seems to be getting better every game he plays. We might have an interesting competition!

Finals are where the boys get separated from the men!

Can Beale step up to be recognized as one of Aus finest?

Sorry but what does anyone see in Beale? hes a dreadful goal kicker, bad kicker out of hand,fat and always throws forward passes. If he's one of the best Australia have then their in big trouble. There's only one winner in this duel, everytime Carter.

Yeah no contest for me really, Carter hands down.
I'm looking forward to the battle of the loose trio's personally.

Does the Warathas have anything on the Crusaders?
[/b]

Well they are pound for pound in the backline I reckon, both good attackers and defenders. Forward packs are very even also. Look at the makeup of the two, you've got:

Waugh vs McCaw
Vickerman vs Williams
Palu vs Tuiali'i
Elsom vs Read

I think the Crusaders are defensively superior and way better on the counter attack. I'd like to think we have the better scrum considering they have a guy who goes by the name of Al Baxter.

Do think home groud advantage will play a big role like it did in the semies? Crusaders should win by 10 points at least.

Crusaders should win by 10 points at least. [/b]

I wouldn't bet on it. Some guy put $100,000 on the Crusaders beating the lowly rated Highlanders. The silly man forgot that the Canterbury vs Otago match is always a fierce local derby to determine who is the superior South Island province.

The Waratahs have a 2005 final to avenge as well as a 2002 record defeat to avenge. They also have a 1 win out of 9 visits record to address when visiting Christchurch. So with that in mind I would not write off the Waratahs determination in this match at any stretch.

<div class='quotemain'> Crusaders should win by 10 points at least. [/b]

They also have a 1 win out of 9 visits record to address when visiting Christchurch.
[/b][/quote]

Not a record to be proud off!

I can't see it being a close game, last time they played the Tahs played well and the Saders played dreadfully. Crusaders still won. Now they're on form and with Carter back and Deans' last game as coach I'd imagine the Crusaders will win by at least 10 points.

Beale is shite and I should have never believed the hype. Beale will be lucky to even achieve anything near the things Carter has done in his career.

One thing which I noticed last week is Beale can do something which surprisingly Carter can't do very well....a Drop goal.

The game could very well come down to a drop goal.

Beale is a no show against Carter - Its basically the pretender vs the Contender. Beale can't even be considered an apprentice

Dan Carter is clearly the better player, but we don't yet know what else Beale can do. He played very well during his time in the Super14 Final, so we will just have to wait and see what comes of him.

The course of the game really changed when Beale was injuried. All of their play would have been based around Beale. That and the fact the Norton Knight has hands like feet.

BEALE DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO CARTER HE CANT EVEN GET INTO THE OZ STARTING LINE UP

BEALE DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO CARTER HE CANT EVEN GET INTO THE OZ STARTING LINE UP [/b]

Strangely enough he is injured which is why he can't get into the starting Oz XV.

<div class='quotemain'>
Strangely enough he is injured which is why he can't get into the starting Oz XV.[/b]
He wouldn't have got close regardless, not even near the squad. [/b][/quote]

That is a bit harsh, he would have got into the squad just maybe not the 22. Robbie Deans knows he is s player for the future. Beale was impressive during his time in the Super14 final against the Crusaders.

Latest posts