Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
TQLdAqc.png

Friday night could be a cracker @TRF_Olyy
Connacht are only province who have came out of 6Nation period really positive and in a good place. They are in good place and well Sale over there on a Friday night always are that bit tougher as I can testify from our trips there in a different era

I'm predicting all away wins,

We're in **** state atm and always implode in knock out rugby even when carrying fine form across,
Harlequins are flying,
La Rochelle on a 4 game loss streak and Bristol have a lot of class in their side - on the road, though, so will be a tough ask.
Clermont vs Northampton will be fireworks - possibly the game of the round across both tournaments. Northampton playing some excellent rugby atm and Clermont at home is...well, Clermont at home!

I'm predicting all away wins,

We're in **** state atm and always implode in knock out rugby even when carrying fine form across,
Harlequins are flying,
La Rochelle on a 4 game loss streak and Bristol have a lot of class in their side - on the road, though, so will be a tough ask.
Clermont vs Northampton will be fireworks - possibly the game of the round across both tournaments. Northampton playing some excellent rugby atm and Clermont at home is...well, Clermont at home!
So you think Clermont will play a second string side? There's no way Saints beat their 1sts away!

So you think Clermont will play a second string side? There's no way Saints beat their 1sts away!
You never know,
It'll take a special Saints performance but they're probably the form team in England atm - they're going into the game with no expectations on them and a great play style.
Game should be class either way

You never know,
It'll take a special Saints performance but they're probably the form team in England atm - they're going into the game with no expectations on them and a great play style.
Game should be class either way
It'd be fairly bonkers! A bold one to predict to say the least. A 15 point spread too!

Friday night could be a cracker @TRF_Olyy
Connacht are only province who have came out of 6Nation period really positive and in a good place. They are in good place and well Sale over there on a Friday night always are that bit tougher as I can testify from our trips there in a different era
Are we not in a good place as well? Not convinced Ireland players being out of form is the end of the world from a Leinster perspective.

Are we not in a good place as well? Not convinced Ireland players being out of form is the end of the world from a Leinster perspective.
Not in bad place and still expected to win but has a cloud over slightly due to Ireland 6Nations. Just way it goes. 100% possible that it's a blessing lads returning to provinces

STARTING XV:15.Luke James; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.Sam James, 12.Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11.Byron McGuigan; 10.A J MacGinty, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.Joe Jones, 4.Bryn Evans, 5.James Phillips, 6.Jono Ross (capt.), 7.Tom Curry, 8.Josh Beaumont.

REPLACMENTS: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17. Tom Bristow, 18.Alexandru Tarus, 19.Josh Strauss, 20.Ben Curry, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Cameron Redpath, 23.Arron Reed

STARTING XV:15.Luke James; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.Sam James, 12.Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11.Byron McGuigan; 10.A J MacGinty, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Ross Harrison, 2.Rob Webber, 3.Joe Jones, 4.Bryn Evans, 5.James Phillips, 6.Jono Ross (capt.), 7.Tom Curry, 8.Josh Beaumont.

REPLACMENTS: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17. Tom Bristow, 18.Alexandru Tarus, 19.Josh Strauss, 20.Ben Curry, 21.Will Cliff, 22.Cameron Redpath, 23.Arron Reed
Connacht:

15. Darragh Leader
14. Niyi Adeolokun
13. Kyle Godwin
12. Bundee Aki
11. Cian Kelleher
10. Jack Carty
9. Kieran Marmion

1. Peter McCabe
2. Tom McCartney (captain)
3. Dominic Robertson-McCoy
4. James Cannon
5. Gavin Thornbury
6. Eoghan Masterson
7. James Connolly
8. Paul Boyle

Replacements:

16. Dave Heffernan
17. Denis Buckley
18. Finlay Bealham
19. Joe Maksymiw
20. Robin Copeland
21. Caolin Blade
22. Tom Daly
23. Stephen Fitzgerald

Few lads like Roux and Dillane given holiday. I'd expect Sale to cruise this to be honest. I make it 9 of regular XV are rested or just left out as a precaution ahead of big run in for Pro14

Doubt it,

We're missing a few and are in poor form - This is AJs first game back from injury and he didn't look great before injury

I'm not trying to downplay us, I really want us to win, but we're not in a good place atm - we through away the Newcastle game despite dominating the first 50, lost to a severely depleted chiefs, at home, and got almost 70 put on us by saints. We also struggle on TV and in knock outs

Doubt it,

We're missing a few and are in poor form - This is AJs first game back from injury and he didn't look great before injury

I'm not trying to downplay us, I really want us to win, but we're not in a good place atm - we through away the Newcastle game despite dominating the first 50, lost to a severely depleted chiefs, at home, and got almost 70 put on us by saints. We also struggle on TV and in knock outs
Still would be shocked if Connacht stunned us without so many key lads. Shocked to see Copeland on bench after being in Boston with A team.

What's the story with Copeland, was he injured? Haven't seem him at all this year.

cant see why we cant win this, plenty of experience in the starting 15 and on the bench. Will be tight though

Had a (n attempted) wisdom tooth removal this morning that resulted in it breaking and me having to go back next week to get the root removed

Hopefully that's my misfortune out of the way for the day and Sale can go on and win this

Jays there's a fairly small crowd there isn't there? Would love to see Connacht play to their potential in a knockout game.

Jays there's a fairly small crowd there isn't there? Would love to see Connacht play to their potential in a knockout game.
About average for Sale, really - Friday nights are usually lower than the other days due to the hell that is Manchester traffic/the hell that is the location of the stadium. There'll be a few more filtering in throughout the game as they actually arrive at the place, but we never get big crowds

Latest posts