• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 1 Pool 2 (Clermont, Bordeaux, Exeter, Ospreys)

Can't help but feel that Nowell could have probably tackled him a metre or two earlier and prevented him sliding over.

Edit: Maybe not, didn't see the swerve before, so it looked like Nowell was close enough at the 22.

This ref is proper proper **** though.

Because the ref was in a similar position....

Steenson is a championship player and it shows this game.

Spotting a knock on is far simpler than a forward pass when you're directly 20 metres behind play. It's the touch judge's call to see those passes.

Exeter have been bigged up far too much. Biggar has shown up steenson today. Game management has been crap, however the ref hasn't helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Spotting a knock on is far simpler than a forward pass when you're directly 20 metres behind play. It's the touch judge's call to see those passes.

I am speechless how you can defend that forward pass. It was blindingly obvious and the angles made it obvious, Tipuric was stretching at full pace to get to it.

Exeter have been bigged up far too much. Biggar has shown up steenson today. Game management has been crap, however the ref hasn't helped.

Biggar is perhaps the best NH fly half at the moment, Steenson is a solid AP player, I've not seen the game, but I'd bloody hope Biggar looked better!

Biggar is perhaps the best NH fly half at the moment, Steenson is a solid AP player, I've not seen the game, but I'd bloody hope Biggar looked better!

Biggar hasn't had the best of games and looked far better. Steenson's kicking from hand is crap; not long, straight, not contested and perfect for the counter. Exeter looked best when the ball wasn't going through him, shame the ball went to him a lot in the second half. Exeter have some very good players, surrounded my too much average players.

I am speechless how you can defend that forward pass. It was blindingly obvious and the angles made it obvious, Tipuric was stretching at full pace to get to it.

I'm not 'defending' that pass you idiot. Just pointing out it was a failure on the officiating team's part than the referee.

I'm not 'defending' that pass you idiot. Just pointing out it was a failure on the officiating team's part than the referee.

You're the tool, you obviously have poor vision. It was a blatant forward pass over a long distance. One of the 3 officials should have seen it. There are lines on the pitch, just looking at that from where the ball was dispatched and received shows it.

Jesus Christ!

You're the tool, you obviously have poor vision. It was a blatant forward pass over a long distance. One of the 3 officials should have seen it. There are lines on the pitch, just looking at that from where the ball was dispatched and received shows it.

Jesus Christ!

That's what I just said you moron.

Looked pretty simple to me the ref was shocking but Ospreys were clearly the better side and had a lot more on the bench than Exeter . Was a shocking game mind .......

Looked pretty simple to me the ref was shocking but Ospreys were clearly the better side and had a lot more on the bench than Exeter . Was a shocking game mind .......

Yes it wasn't the best of games and Biggar had a below average by his standards first half, but in contrast was pure class in the second half and in my opinion showing that he is the best 10 in the NH.

Three points to take from the Clermont game

- Clancy can have a half decent game as ref!! Shock horror!

- Brock James when he is good is world class.

- Tipuric would , at best, win Olympic gold over Tom Daley or, at worst, an Oscar over Benedict Cumberbatch.

Pains me to agree with VC but it was truely terrible.

monocle.gif

Already seeing journos talking up Strettle (albeit not that fervently).

Latest posts