• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 2019/2020: Pool 3

Ulster have but themselves in a great position here, things would have to go very wrong for them not to have a quarter final spot. Will be tough trying to get anything in Clermont but the home game against a finished Bath should seal the deal. Probably a runners up spot though unless they can pull a massive game out in France.

Cooney has to start for Ireland, I don't see how anyone could rationalise picking Murray over him (and to be fair I haven't seen anyone trying) at the moment.

Teams' Up for the dead rubber

Friday 10/01/20 KO: 7.45 @Bath Rec
Ref: Pascal Gaüzère
TJs: Maxime Chalon, Julien Dufort
TMO: Éric Gauzins

Bath United:
15. Anthony Watson (c)
14. Gabe Hamer-Webb
13. Max Wright
12. Jackson Willison
11. Aled Brew
10. Freddie Burns
9. Max Green

1. Lewis Boyce
2. Jack Walker
3. Christian Judge
4. Matt Garvey
5. Rhys Davies
6. Tom Ellis
7. Mike Williams
8. Josh Bayliss

16. Ross Batty, 17. Lucas Noguera, 18. Sam Nixon, 19. Levi Douglas, 20. Nahum Merigan
21. Ollie Fox. 22. Alex Davies, 23. Tom de Glanville

Harlequins:
15 Aaron Morri
14 Vereniki Goneva
13 Luke Northmore
12 Paul Lasike
11 Gabriel Ibitoye
10 Brett Herron
9 Danny Care

1 Joe Marler
2 Max Crumpton
3 Kyle Sinckler
4 Tevita Cavubati
5 Dino Lamb
6 James Chisholm
7 Chris Robshaw (c)
8 Alex Dombrandt

16 Jack Musk, 17 Santiago Garcia Botta, 18 Will Collier, 19 Glen Young, 20 Semi Kunatani
21 Niall Saunders, 22 Tom Penny, 23 Ross Chisholm.

I'm guessing that the 2 teams are approaching this match with slightly differing priorities...

The Bath forum have spent the last couple of weeks calling for precisely this sort of team as it's a dead rubber, and R&R for the first XV is mroe important than this match. They're now complaining that we'll have lost all choesion and thrown the match by doing this...

Watson off, please don't have let Bath injure a key Bath and England player just returned from injury in a ******* dead rubber...

Also Bath defenders are so damn lazy

First time Ulster have looked like Ulster this season, stupid when in the ascendency, soft once behind.

Should end the McCloskey for Ireland chat too (it won't), flat track bully with no rugby brain at all.

Controversial that... Looked like gustard had a word with that french prop when he went off. Straight into the changing room at the stoop in a European game... History repeats itself

Ulster tried there best to stuff it up but Bath let them off with Red card.
Just about deserved the win.

Yay ! Ulster won!!! I support all teams with ex sharks... you can't fight the currency wars so just accept fate and adapt. Bath probably did not deserve that red though. Slow mo made it worse than it was. But Bath was never going to take it in Ireland.

Coetzee my man of the match but that is probably my subjective/biased opinion.

Should have put bets on Freddie and Billy Burns for motm. It was always going to one of them despite Addison and Balaclune being a sight better than either today.

Latest posts