• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup QF. 4 - Munster Rugby v Toulouse

You forget how utterly terrible Stuart Barnes is when you don't watch sky sports for a while.

So the TMO used refcam to help JP Doyle with a knock on for a potential try. Begs a question, why couldn't Doyle see it when he was only a metre away?!

Ridiculous decision. Line of the grass made it as clear as day to everyone bar the referee. The reactions of Perez and Pelous are telling.

Great day for Irish rugby. Massive result for us considering injuries and disruptions. Leinster were a class act from bits I saw too.
Depth in both teams is getting there and Irish rugby isn't as far behind as we feared last year

I'll add as I just shook his hand. Dusatoir is a warrior and a legend

Fair enough. Munster, while worthy winners and not totally on top of their game, still had too much for Toulouse in a match that typified their season - too many mistakes and missing a top class fly half.
Dusautoir would have liked his last European match to have been a lot better than that.
Nonetheless, as muff says, he is warrior and a legend.

Fair enough. Munster, while worthy winners and not totally on top of their game, still had too much for Toulouse in a match that typified their season - too many mistakes and missing a top class fly half.
Dusautoir would have liked his last European match to have been a lot better than that.
Nonetheless, as muff says, he is warrior and a legend.

The reason I love Toulouse is because they're like Dusatoir and not a typical french team. We had them on ropes and ok the try may have been forward but they fought back and kept going. Heads didn't drop they came to win. We got 2 tries at end that made score flattering but it was battlem we weren't on top of our game but Toulouse made it a war.
On Dusatoir as I've said a warrior and a legend. I've always saidbit he's a player I'd want in my team every day. At 35 or so he was still going and fighting at 80.

Didn't bother with the second half but that went as expected. Toulouse needed to have something to fight for in the last 20 to stop superior fitness being an advantage. Munster were typically efficient and accurate. Semis will be a treat this year.

What a comedy of errors from Toulouse. Our kicking game was an aberration. We made it so easy for the opposition. Spring cleaning coming...

Can someone explain Jean-Marc Doussain to me? I don't get it. How is he a professional at a top club? He's useless and not just as a 10 useless.

He took an age to shovel (and thats what it was everytime) the ball on to the next man with no appreciation for space or the defence in front of him. **** i could do that. Is Flood really that much over the hill? He has to be a better option.

Munster don't look convincing in their play to me but i know it'll take a mighty effort to beat them. Their defence is suffocating.

Can someone explain Jean-Marc Doussain to me? I don't get it. How is he a professional at a top club? He's useless and not just as a 10 useless.

He took an age to shovel (and thats what it was everytime) the ball on to the next man with no appreciation for space or the defence in front of him. **** i could do that. Is Flood really that much over the hill? He has to be a better option.

Now that's the question that many have asked; and the man with the answer is Jean- Baptiste Elissalde, the so-called backs coach who doesn't know his arse from his elbow!

I agree Doussain is not the answer at 10. JM is a SH. He can go back as a 9 where he's better off. He's had to fill in because Flood and McAlister have gone awol.

Flood has had plenty of opportunities in last 2 seasons to make the 10 jersey his. He was recruited especially for that. It's not like Doussain was offering much competition. Yet Flood couldn't crack it. His goal kicking also let him down and he's never looked like picking up form again. The club will not fight to keep him next season. He's among the senior players who have been part of the problem, not the solution.

We need to trust our youngsters now. There is enough individual talent in the team. Fickou and Baille are only 23 and in the French squad. Baille was the best loose head in the 6N. Our recruitment is good for next season with Zack Holmes at 10, Charlie Faumuina who will come as reinforcement. Antoine Dupont is said to join us from Castres and he's a talent.

Last edited:

Latest posts