• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup Quarter Final: Exeter v Northampton

Saints massive favourites with this!

Dont Saints only have 1 fit LHP and he is some 19 year old who has never even played in the prem?

They're borrowing a LH from Gloucs

We have been so poor since restart compounded by injuries.
Chiefs by 50 me thinks.

So in an emergancy they can sign a short deal for a prop? Any idea on restrictions? As in could they just sign Mako(not that sarries would let them) and strengthen their squad quite abit? Given current form chiefs seem heavy favourites but had it been very close is their anything to stop them signing a world class prop and getting an advantage?

I know they havnt done that nor is there anything to say Saints have tried that but im just wondering what restictions are imposed on this change?

If it sounds like im against it im really not, a team cant help an injury crisis so there should be some flex.

Signing players on loan mid season is hardly a new thing
All that will have had to happen is Saints remove a player from their current Euro squad to replace with this new guy - so long as he isn't cup tied to Gloucester.

TBH, Seville is hardly a star. I imagine this will be a footnote against Saints getting pummelled by Exeter.

TBH, Seville is hardly a star. I imagine this will be a footnote against Saints getting pummelled by Exeter.
I know and as i said im not saying Saints have tried to play the system in any way shape or form.

Just wondering if restrictions have been imposed in the change.

Exeter Chiefs: Hogg; Nowell, Slade, Whitten, O'Flaherty; J Simmonds (capt), Maunder; Hepburn, Cowan-Dickie, Williams, Gray, Hill, Ewers, Vermeulen, S Simmonds.

Replacements: Yeandle, Moon, Francis, Skinner, Kirsten, Hidalgo-Clyne, Steenson, Devoto.

Northampton Saints: Furbank; Proctor, Dingwall, Hutchinson, Tuala; Biggar, Taylor; Iyogun, Haywood, Franks, Ribbans, Ratuniyarawa, Lawes, Ludlam, Harrison (capt).

Replacements: Fish, Seville, Hill, Moon, Isiekwe, Adendorff, Mitchell, Naiyaravoro.

Surprised devoto isnt starting tbh but thats a strong team but saints team isnt weak they are just in bad form so we need to be careful to not fall into the trap of its going to be easy and get complacent.

I can't see Saints keeping this up. It could well be when they crack that it opens the floodgates.

Nowell being allowed to advertise his sponsors feels weird

Like I get players get sponsored by equipment companies etc. but to have kit specially made with a non-equipment brand's logo plastered all over it is odd

Nowell being allowed to advertise his sponsors feels weird

Like I get players get sponsored by equipment companies etc. but to have kit specially made with a non-equipment brand's logo plastered all over it is odd
If it starts attracting big name sponsors/big money to the game then I really don't have an issue with it. He wore a scrum cap anyway - now he's wearing one with a logo on it and getting paid a lot of money for it.

Yeah I'm not necessarily against it, it's just weird seeing it/surprising it's been OKd considering its a personal sponsor not a club/comp one
I don't think I've seen it done before (bar Marler having sausage shaved on his head)

Yeah I'm not necessarily against it, it's just weird seeing it/surprising it's been OKd considering its a personal sponsor not a club/comp one
I don't think I've seen it done before (bar Marler having sausage shaved on his head)
Yeah that's fair. I can't see it ever invading the game too much as the only places a sponsor could really put anything would be scrum cap, boots or a sleeve of some kind.

Anyone else getting really dodgy quality on BT sport or just me?

My BT is fine (HD channel)

Had a feeling this wouldn't be the procession everyone was predicting so had a saver on Saints @ ridiculously massive 19/1.

Latest posts