• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

Donnie"TheDunesman"Lynch

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Already in the final eight of the Champions League.

Last night Real Madrid made it very unlikely for Tottenham to make the semis and Shalke made a big upset in Milan.

Tonight Man United travel to Stamford Bridge and Shaktar to the Nou Camp.

Im actually looking forward to the united chealsea game although Ill most likely be dissapointed because united will probably put 11 men behind the ball all day and try take a 0-0.

A 0-0 would be risky to take back to Old Trafford, as a 1-1 draw there would then put them out. Ferguson has said today that United will be looking to attack and get a goal/goals, so it will be an interesting one I think.
It was 2-1 to Chelsea in the league at Stamford Bridge last month, and I'd take that again!

well i'm happy with tonights result (being a utd fan). I kinda knew 1 goal would win it, but prior to the match I didn't know which side would snatch it. Big bonus for utd to be 1 up with away goal. But it is Chelsea, so i can't wait for the 2nd leg at Old Trafford. Another stellar performance by mr Giggs.
Sad to see Tottenham beaten in the manner they were last night, as soon as Crouch got sent off it went all down hill (head just all dropped). Felt that tottenham went all desperation, just chuck it to Bale and see what he can do (rather like what we do at international stage really). by the end he had 3 players surrounding him, sad. Ah well hopefully it will be a better contest at white heart. Bring it on :D

Sir Alex apparently not feeling guilty by getting the rub of the green in yesterdays match, says manure haven't got any decisions at Stamford bridge in the last few years, funny how he never refers to actual incidents

How on earth he claims referees are against united is beyond me

hahaha yer didn't see the post match interviews, but i presume Sir Fergy was up to his usual business. Wouldn't be UTD without it tho :D :D
To be honest, Utd were lucky to get away with that penalty appeal in final few mins. Chelsea probs should have had it, ah well Old Trafford it is then :D :D

Latest posts