• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Changes and suggestions

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
What would you like to see changed in the next release?
Any suggestions for improvements, please share!

Seems as if they are collecting information to send to the developers in hopes of a patch, so post away with issues.

Have spent little to no time playing as I've been pretty busy. In my one game I did notice that you can't dive for a try until after you reach the in-goal? That can be a wee bit annoying.

My suggestion would be to add the option to sprint (It's hard to believe that was left out). And restore the old passing implementation. I appreciate an attempt to try something different. But the passing was actually one of the things which was absolutely fine in the old games. And the new passing system is horrific. The kicking is also awful since there is no way of knowing where the ball is going to go, which makes any sort of tactical kicking game impossible. You have to allow the player to aim where he wants the kick to land.

I know rucking is hard to implement in a game and nobody has ever really cracked it. I like that there is a button to release the ball. But they should give us some bone shattering clearing out animations to at least make it look like an actual real ruck.

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to add the option to sprint (It's hard to believe that was left out). And restore the old passing implementation. I appreciate an attempt to try something different. But the passing was actually one of the things which was absolutely fine in the old games. And the new passing system is horrific. The kicking is also awful since there is no way of knowing where the ball is going to go, which makes any sort of tactical kicking game impossible. You have to allow the player to aim where he wants the kick to land.

I know rucking is hard to implement in a game and nobody has ever really cracked it. I like that there is a button to release the ball. But they should give us some bone shattering clearing out animations to at least make it look like an actual real ruck.
the kicking is fine i like it
it's more realistic
fifa doesn't have an aim arrow either

I've played a bit more and maybe I was too hard on the kicking. It's not that bad. But there is one problem which the old games had too. It can take too long to get a kick away so you nearly always get tackled before you've kicked and you then knock on. Maybe that's me playing badly though, I'm not experienced enough at it yet. But you're right, kicking without a big long arrow telling you where it's going to land is not bad after you've gotten used to it. Makes it more of a challenge actually. And the games being too easy was always one of their biggest problems.

On the rucks I like the way you press a button to place the ball and press again to secure it one the circles gone green. But there's one huge problem. Winning turnovers at the ruck is waaay to easy. In fact I find I can turn it over at almost every ruck. Totally unrealistic, too easy and pretty much ruins what is a fairly promising rucking system. It would also be nice to be able to commit extra players to the rucks with the table of a button or flick of a stick.

The passing system is an abomination though.

And I can imagine a few situations in the game of rugby where sprinting at a higher speed than normal could come in handy. Is there actually no sprint button or am I too stupid to find it?

I've played a bit more and maybe I was too hard on the kicking. It's not that bad. But there is one problem which the old games had too. It can take too long to get a kick away so you nearly always get tackled before you've kicked and you then knock on. Maybe that's me playing badly though, I'm not experienced enough at it yet. But you're right, kicking without a big long arrow telling you where it's going to land is not bad after you've gotten used to it. Makes it more of a challenge actually. And the games being too easy was always one of their biggest problems.

On the rucks I like the way you press a button to place the ball and press again to secure it one the circles gone green. But there's one huge problem. Winning turnovers at the ruck is waaay to easy. In fact I find I can turn it over at almost every ruck. Totally unrealistic, too easy and pretty much ruins what is a fairly promising rucking system. It would also be nice to be able to commit extra players to the rucks with the table of a button or flick of a stick.

The passing system is an abomination though.

And I can imagine a few situations in the game of rugby where sprinting at a higher speed than normal could come in handy. Is there actually no sprint button or am I too stupid to find it?
i was thinking that they can use the touch pad to pass for the ps4
short flick to pass normal and slightly long flick to skip pass and if your finger maybe goes a bit forward it must then result into a forward pass scrum advantage for the opposition :D
might be difficult due to the touch pad only being for the Ps4
and they could use the speaker in the ps4 controller for the ref to have a chat with you if you do something wrong :D

Anyone know what is included in this 2.7GB update?

OOOH, I hadn't spotted an update yet. What platform? I may not have access in Canada.

Here's a post I just made on the official RUGBY 15 forums with what I consider to be the most important changes...

So, I've officially played this game A LOT now and I'm really enjoying it. With a few small fixes, it could be quite good. I'm going to outline them below. Keep in mind that this is strictly about gameplay. I'm not getting into licenses, modes, cutscenes, features and graphics.

If a patch addressed these things, especially the first one, Rugby 15 would be a good game with lots of legs.

CPU Rucking
If the CPU retained the ball more and actually stole it sometimes, this game would instantly be more difficult, more tense and more realistic. (Control over how much you commit to the ruck would be a nice future addition as well, but not for the purposes of this conversation.)

CPU Difficulty
Simply put, this game is too easy. Making the CPU ruck better would go a long way to adding difficulty across the board. Slightly more creative play from the CPU would help too.

Line Play
I've actually really started to understand the backline and use it well, but it is herky-jerky and unpredictable. Having the backline hold its positions and act more predictable would make the game more enjoyable.

Floating Passes
The random, floating passes need to go, or at least be made far less prevalent.

Changing these things would make the game downright enjoyable. These are the core issues. The rest of the things people seem to be complaining about are just details in my opinion which will advance as the franchise goes through more development.

EDIT: I should add that I've got the hang of passing and actually kind of like it now...

Agree, the opposition losing all their rucks makes the whole thing almost pointless. It's interesting that using the right stick in various ways before you go into contact can get you more ground even if you're tackled and make it easier to offload. I think. Which is good. Offloads are successful far to often though. As in real rugby they should only work if you actually have support on your shoulder.

The backline seem to cut inside far to much when you pass it to them which is really annoying when you want to go wide.

I just can't get over the passing part though. They should bring back the right/left shoulder button to pass left/right. Much more intuitive. Maybe add a power bar to the passes just like FIFA and Pro Evo have in the soccer games. In this way there would still be wild floating passes but only if it's the players fault for putting too much power into it. Tapping the left/right shoulder buttons should just pass it to the closet guy on your left/right. In this way short passes are easy, long passes are much harder ie more realistic.

I was wrong about the kicking being terrible. It's fine once you get used to it.

OOOH, I hadn't spotted an update yet. What platform? I may not have access in Canada.

Here's a post I just made on the official RUGBY 15 forums with what I consider to be the most important changes...

So, I've officially played this game A LOT now and I'm really enjoying it. With a few small fixes, it could be quite good. I'm going to outline them below. Keep in mind that this is strictly about gameplay. I'm not getting into licenses, modes, cutscenes, features and graphics.

If a patch addressed these things, especially the first one, Rugby 15 would be a good game with lots of legs.

CPU Rucking
If the CPU retained the ball more and actually stole it sometimes, this game would instantly be more difficult, more tense and more realistic. (Control over how much you commit to the ruck would be a nice future addition as well, but not for the purposes of this conversation.)

CPU Difficulty
Simply put, this game is too easy. Making the CPU ruck better would go a long way to adding difficulty across the board. Slightly more creative play from the CPU would help too.

Line Play
I've actually really started to understand the backline and use it well, but it is herky-jerky and unpredictable. Having the backline hold its positions and act more predictable would make the game more enjoyable.

Floating Passes
The random, floating passes need to go, or at least be made far less prevalent.

Changing these things would make the game downright enjoyable. These are the core issues. The rest of the things people seem to be complaining about are just details in my opinion which will advance as the franchise goes through more development.

EDIT: I should add that I've got the hang of passing and actually kind of like it now...

Good stuff mate, hope they get on track and fix a few things. Will hold off buying for right now. BTW, I think we have a more active R15 section than the official forums!

Well, it's nice to have you on here, hope we can get some of the issues fixed and get a decent rugby game down the line.
Rugby France here has already started on some modding it seems, so with any luck he will report back soon with some more details and we can get good group of modders going. Our R08 team was very good! :)

Any clues from anyone who's played the patched version on XBox One if it's made any difference? Also has there also been one released on PS4?

Any clues from anyone who's played the patched version on XBox One if it's made any difference? Also has there also been one released on PS4?
me and thescottishcannon are on ps4 but i didn't get an update but i think he said he did
he's in Australia
i'm in South Africa

Yes, does the update help? That would be amazing.

Also, can anyone share a download link of the PS4 update for those of us who are off region? That would get you a million of love from old Davies.

Latest posts