• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

chiro on the ab's at the world cup

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

before fags like pwrick and o'gaylain say anything,let it be known this post is not of any bias but pure truth..so let me address the ab's at the upcoming event that is our world cup championship

1st off..the world cup..whos gonna win this???

i know,you guys think im gonna run off the mouth with allblacks this and allblacks that but lets put that aside (..for now :D )..but i feel they are vulnerable,**** every team is vulnerable but i still think the ab's vulnerability comes with the interiors of their campaign..i can remember last years trinations match in south africa where rodney sooialo had a **** poor game..his worst game ever..so bad he did cost the ab's that game..although they had a solid set piece and did have the foundation for a scrappy victory...when coaches tell the media this player didnt cost the game it is only really to keep his morale up...its professional sports after all (and not on the dramatic scale that is soccer and grid iron)

so going back to their vulnerability 'within' their team..every kiwi remembers world cup 99 and 03...i always believe that a better team can beat a team full of individual stars..its been proven time and time again and those were the cases in both events...france and australia served up well...not to say that the all blacks werent a team,they just couldnt compete against a much situated and more collectively passionate outfit which were france 99 and aussie 03....

back to 2007!....and the years that have built up to now....i believe this is the best allblack TEAM ever..what they have accomplished in 4 years is historic and legendary enough..destroyed the hapless lions then conquered europe via grandslam on their home territory,dissesembled the french's strongest on their homefront on 3 occasions,undefeated in over 14tests at home,current bledisloe cup holders....

the only thing they do not have on their c.v is the world cup...so can they get it?...well this is not confidence speaking but common sense..ofcourse they can win it but so can 4 other teams who i reckon can also scrap the world cup...back to my first question...who can win this???...there is a list of teams in the order of who has the most capability to grab it..and its goes like this: nz,france,south africa,ireland,australia

now going back to that word "team",i was watching the game last night and i was really impressed with the contunuity of play even between players who were not familiar with each other...lets be fair the french team were **** poor..but even with out carter we were to have a subtle running game at times which looked sharp and powerful...carter and mccaw play important roles ofcourse but neither are successors of the gameplan..more like transcenders of it...i mean our gameplan and team work ethic is unbeatable when it is working...just chuck in players like evans and masoe to fill mccaw and carter's spot..and they may lessen the effect and impact they have as individual players..but the potentcy of the team's game plan is still strong...its very very strong

the 3 wise men behind the allblacks have built a solid core of players...with a chunk like umaga leaving last year that core has slowly rebuilded with the likes of mccaw,carter,collins,oliver etc..on top of that core is the mccalistairs,rokocokos,toeavas,muliainas ect who continue to grow this team into the foundation that allblack rugby traditionally was..

now going back to the world cup....henry has put the pillars in their place and he's still fidgeting,but he's a perfectionist..and thats what perfectionist's do,they continue to work and mold even the tiniest of imperfection's till they are bored or until they see fit..i mean henry is retiring from the ab's after the world cup?...doesnt that tell you he's satisfied enough?..we havent seen his cards yet and he plays the perfect bluff so we will see what gameplan our allblacks have AT the world cup..

i still see the ab's very vulnerable...with in that stronghold of a team,if some one falls "badly" IT WILL AFFECT THE TEAM!...but so far they have built a co-operative formidable moving fortress ( with freakin 10 tonne howizters known as woodcock and hayman hahaha)...there is one thing that scares me..and thats is that they fail..there is one thing that the world of rugby fear..and thats the potential we have to succeed...it is a win/win situation for the game itself but the ab's have progressed so far to let this slide

we have the greatest TEAM in the world...an all star team but not a team of stars...the boys in black continue to show their wealth as one moving unit will guaran-damn-tee them that trophy...the other teams i have mentioned(france,s.a,australia,ireland) will need for one or two of our ab's to fall for them to beat us...or..play the best rugby humanly possible to topple us

so may the best team win...and at the moment the best team is the allblacks

before fags like pwrick and o'gaylain say anything,let it be known this post is not of any bias but pure truth.[/b]

Sadly, he still doesn't know how to spell properly.

Sir, if you are going to call me a pr*ck, at least spell it properly, calling someone "pwrick" just sounds like somebody desperate to find something that is rude and rhymes with "Prestwick" in an effort to be cutting, scathing and biting in a way that only Sam Kekovich could be. Sadly, you fail, badly, on that attempt.

Seriously, I'll let it slide this time, but next time, you dodge around being man enough to call me something, you'll get a warning. Either be up front about something or not at all :)

And please, use capitals at the beginning of every sentence please. It is rather tiring to also see lots of space between paragraphs, making the post look far bigger than it actually is.

To be honest, this isn't the truth, just another awful diatribe.

Injuries could play their part too. It's quite surreal, everyone seems (in my surroundings) quite pumped out about how well the ABs are doing, but at the same time are cautious towards the world cup, knowing that we can't just turn up and win it.

Great post, Chiro - my favourite bits:

now going back to that word "team",i was watching the game [AB v France 2nd summer test] last night and i was really impressed with the contunuity of play even between players who were not familiar with each other...lets be fair the french team were **** poor..but even with out carter we were to have a subtle running game at times which looked sharp and powerful...carter and mccaw play important roles ofcourse but neither are successors of the gameplan..more like transcenders of it...i mean our gameplan and team work ethic is unbeatable when it is working...just chuck in players like evans and masoe to fill mccaw and carter's spot..and they may lessen the effect and impact they have as individual players..but the potentcy of the team's game plan is still strong...its very very strong

i still see the ab's very vulnerable...with in that stronghold of a team,if some one falls "badly" IT WILL AFFECT THE TEAM!...but so far they have built a co-operative formidable moving fortress ( with freakin 10 tonne howizters known as woodcock and hayman hahaha)...

we have the greatest TEAM in the world...an all star team but not a team of stars...the boys in black continue to show their wealth as one moving unit will guaran-damn-tee them that trophy...the other teams i have mentioned(france,s.a,australia,ireland) will need for one or two of our ab's to fall for them to beat us...or..play the best rugby humanly possible to topple us

so may the best team win...and at the moment the best team is the allblacks
[/b]

In military planning there's a notion that you keep developing ideas, but don't commit to full production until war is declared. The declaration of war is at the knockout stage of RWC 07, and we won't know who's going to start at #10 for the ABs, or what balance they'll have in their backrow, or what their midfield is going to be, until the group games are over.

The Howitzers will be there in the frontrow, but McCaw and Carter are not definite selections - their replacements could do just as good a job, because the squad adapts so well to Henry's clear philosophy.

There are other teams mixing it up. SA can match the ABs with a variety of forwards - Skinstad is the crucial sub - but in the backs their only hope is to kick it behind and prey on interceptions. Maybe Steyn can change that with runs from deep.

France haven't had a settled team for years. Most people think Laporte is a knob, but his squad does have good strength, especially in the backrow. And they've got four potential #10's - get that right, like they did with Lamaison in 99, and the AB campaign may end in tears again.

Australia look like they have a good mix, but they'll have to depend on the 8 thru 12 axis that started the 2nd half against Wales. If any one of those players fails - Gregan especially - they're toast.

England are very changeable, but that's because they're clueless. Nothing to see there, move on.

Ireland are different - the backrow selection determines our game, but we also rely on old patterns. Unless Carney is allowed to run from deep, which will only happen through injuries to other players.

The 3N is set for some great games "guaran-damn-tee'd". But bring on BOD v Toeava in 3 months time - and maybe Chabal v Collins.

Anyway, great post. Thanks.

Doesn't matter how many players you got in a position if they aren't up to scratch - Are those 4 French Fly Halfs anywhere near the Standard of Carter? From what i've seen they would struggle to compete with Evans or McAlister, let alone the big cheese. Romania probably have 4 or 5 potential flankers, does that mean they aren't going to get schooled by McCaw (If we use him in that pool game)? And we already saw what happened with Chabal versed Collins, the Winner was the 1980's haircut over the 3500 BC Facial Hair.

They say sports at the highest level is 90% mental and 10% physical.

I would fully agree with that!

The AB's only have a slight edge on the other top nations with the physical. NZ's top 15 players DO NOT TOTALLY their outstrip Aussie, S.A, English, French couterparts. Ireland and Wales also have some good personnel.

In '95 Wynne Gray said in the herald the morning of the final that "man for man" the All Blacks were a better team than the Springboks. I would say this was true with maybe the exception that Jeff Wilson was not fully at his peak in his career against Chester Williams. Even the young and powerful Os du Randt struggled against Olo Brown, Francois Pienaar had nothing skill wise on Kronfield, Joubert was a rolls royce but was outplayed at the tournament by the dynamic Glen Osbourne, Mulder and Le Roux were no where near as classy on attack as Little and Bunce, Small was fantastic but was too much of his namesake against Lomu, Andrews looked predictable against Zinzan Brooke, Strydom and Wiese weer not mobiole enough......the springboks of '95 were a nuggety team but not in the class of the AB's that year....

....yet strangely they won......

The only RWC the AB's did not have the talent to win was '91. Australia had some great stars amongst them who were in the form of their lives.

The winner of the 2007 RWC will be.........

.....the team who mentally WANTS it the most!

In '87 NZ wanted it more than France in that final.....the AB's were in killer mode which everyone could see from the quarter final with Scotland onwards to the final whistle against France and which lasted for another 3 years. In '91 Australia wanted it the most with their total faith in their skill levels led by Horan and Campese. In '95 South Africa wanted it more with their never say die defence.....thats all they had actually lol! In '99 Australia wanted it more when they realised that France had played their winning card a week before against the AB's and had slipped into cautious mode. In 2003 England wanted it more.....well that was plainly obvious at the start of the year that england were the toughest team mentally despite not having the stars that other teams had.

Every team wants it badly but only one team will have the "correct" frame of mind when it comes to sudden "death". The team with the mental toughness to do whatever it takes is not neccessarily the best team........unfortunately we may not know until sudden death time comes and we see the REAL AB team show themselves amd what they are made of. This is also true of every other nation.

i certainly think they have the right mindstate..they have yet to be taken to their edge i believe..or challenged for a better term...so i guess we could see what goes on with in when that time comes(hopefully in the world cup final)...i still believe with what they have now sets their mindframe up good...they work as one body on defence and it is very very strong...i think that comes down to mentality and mental strength and communication..they have built that since the world cup winning english came down in 04..and got beat good

we will see come world cup time which is why i think this will be one of the more rememorable world cups...not because i think the ab's are gonna win but the level and standards they have set for the rest of the world and the way the rest of the world will rise and meet that challenge..it will be a great event for the game

and...i wouldnt be suprised if an individual like brian odriscoll breaks the ab line down..(if ever they meet at the cup)

and...i wouldnt be suprised if an individual like brian odriscoll breaks the ab line down..(if ever they meet at the cup)

[/b]

He will break the AB line when Nonu plays centre....though so would even the French C team....oh they already did that last night.....Nonu was busy marking with his usual Hurricane marking style. someone needs to tell him he was playing for Henry....even if the field is the Caketin.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

He will break the AB line when Nonu plays centre....though so would even the French C team....oh they already did that last night.....Nonu was busy marking with his usual Hurricane marking style. someone needs to tell him he was playing for Henry....even if the field is the Caketin.

[/b][/quote] lol nonu the noob rushed up on his guy and missed the tackle and left a big gap on the outside for the french to run in, if that no brain nonu is gonna rush up like that at least make the tackle ffs

Are those 4 French Fly Halfs anywhere near the Standard of Carter? From what i've seen they would struggle to compete with Evans or McAlister, let alone the big cheese. Romania probably have 4 or 5 potential flankers, does that mean they aren't going to get schooled by McCaw (If we use him in that pool game)? And we already saw what happened with Chabal versed Collins, the Winner was the 1980's haircut over the 3500 BC Facial Hair. [/b]

Well, there's more to come from Chabal v Collins. But Carter and McCaw have shown weakness. They're not shoe ins.

McCaw is a shoe-in because he is captain :p
The more rugby he plays, the better he gets. Carter also needs more time in the middle. not much weakness, just an injury. He'll be back.

Hopefully there will be more to come for Collins vs Chabal. Collin's hit injured Chabal's shoulder. Chabal may even struggle to make the French squad.

Injuries are a problem for the All Blacks. Our depths in the locking department will be truly tested in this coming Tri-Nations. Having 4 players who play the same position unavailable to injury will hurt most teams.

Chabal is not one of Laporte's favourites, so we mightn't get to see the nuclear explosion in three months time.

McCaw is captain - but I thought he should have been taken off in the S14 semi. Everyone's expendable.

Chiro's point is about the whole team moving as one - not just about changing the players. So you can talk about stars, but the most impressive thing about Henry's squad is that it plays with the same rhythm, no matter who's on the pitch. (except Nonu)

No other team comes close to that. Anyway, I'll be getting up early to watch the 3N.

Latest posts