• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chris Whitaker gone

E

esoj

Chris Whitaker is off to europe after the super 14 ends.

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/653620
NSW Waratahs captain Chris Whitaker will leave to join a European club after the upcoming Super 14 season, meaning he is unlikely to play for the Wallabies again

A veteran of 31 tests and two World Cup campaigns, the long-serving halfback's decision to join the undisclosed European club will have major implications for Australia's 2007 World Cup plans.

Whitaker, 31, has played 104 matches for NSW and will become the Waratahs' most capped player if he plays all Super 14 matches this year.

Wow I can't believe that he played 31 tests. If I had to guess how many tests he had played I would have picked less than 12. I wonder how many he started off the bench?

Talk is he's coming to Leinster. We'll get a few seasons out of his at least and Easterby may well be playing his last season for Leinster also.

Whittaker is defiantely still one of the world's top halfbacks. He's been better than George for some time now.

Bound to be better than Easterbunny then
<
Should link up well with Contepomi and will settle into the setup well having worked with Cheika and Knox previously.

I think its a bad decision on his behalf.

With a new coach this year the Wallabies scrum half position will come down to performance in the super14 rather than reputation, and if he's the best halfback in Australia this season(as he was last season) I think he could have put himself in the box seat for a starting position in the World Cup.

Now Whitakers gone it will open the door for Henjak and I think he's odds on to be the starting scrum half for Australia this year, although you can never count out georgie.

Latest posts