• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Classic RWC Matches

Australia vs. Ireland 2003

New Zealand vs. Australia 2003

Not a classic, but Fiji vs. South Africa in QF was great! Heart and body by the Fijians! Loved it!

My all time favourite RWC game is France vs NZ in 99. Just an amazing comeback in the second half.

And I have just found a video of the game on youtube :D

I will watch it later this weekend. It's been a while. I can upload it for you if you want it. Just let me know by PM

Australia vs Ireland - 2003
I'll go with Ireland vs Argentina - 2003, at least that's a match we managed to win! albeit against lesser opposition.
Close calls don't add up to anything at the end of the day.

How the hell has there been 26 posts and nobody has mentioned possibly the most tense/exciting rugby game ever played.

Australia vs England World Cup Final 2003. If that isn't a classic then I don't know what is!

How the hell has there been 26 posts and nobody has mentioned possibly the most tense/exciting rugby game ever played.

Australia vs England World Cup Final 2003. If that isn't a classic then I don't know what is!

Cos it was actually a dull game that only got intresting in ET.

Plus it ruined my 15th Birthday, that B******s :lol:

imo Fiji vs Wales was one of the best games ever :)

Actually yes, only cos it forced us to get rid of Mr Useless and get Gats in and BOOM Grand Slam follows.

Seriously though, no it wasnt :p

Wales v Fiji was a very entertaining match...just painful as a Wales fan
the 2003 final was boring... Alternative Rugby Commentary summed it up ''and Wilkinson will go down in history as the man who kicked the drop goal to end the most boring rugby match ever'' :p

Cos it was actually a dull game that only got intresting in ET.

Boring game or not, it surely should still be classed as a classic. Ask anybody in England and they'll tell you it was a classic ;)

2007 wales v figi so entertaining right from the start with figi getting three early tries including the amazing chip. Then the got a yellow card and wales came back and got in the lead and then a winning try right at the end which went upstairs just to add to the tension. All round brilliant game (unless your welsh)

South Africa vs Australia 1999 world cup - Larkham's drop goal

Also, the game in 2003 of Fiji vs Scotland for a place in the QF was a great game. I had tickets to that game and Rupeni Caucau scored 2 tries, with scotland winning 22-20. Great game

watched the '95 final last month. what a match! disappointing result but still one heck of a match.

Latest posts