• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clermont-leicester

Ouch ! this last action :blink: Lucky clermont on this last one . Overall they were better than Leicester so well done . It was entertaining at least .

Well appart from a rather dull Cardiff match which I didn't see and a Munster match which I thought was very entertaining (though drink and lack of impartiallity may have something to do with that) it seemed a very entertaining weekend of rugby.

Fell asleep at half time :lol: :lol: seems like Leicester got tanked by a good side

Only just seen the recording. Rofl at Miles Harrison at the end.

EVERYBODY DIVE ON IT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 13 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well appart from a rather dull Cardiff match which I didn't see and a Munster match which I thought was very entertaining (though drink and lack of impartiallity may have something to do with that) it seemed a very entertaining weekend of rugby.[/b]

I have a suspicion that would have been a major part of it TBH.

Awesome match. It also kinda summed up both teams perfectly. We have Clermont, who are possibly the most talented team in Europe with a great pack that do the basics very well, and a killer backline. They showed in the first half that they can destroy teams when playing well, but ten we see the flip side in the last quarter where they switch off and go to sleep (that can happen for entire matches, especially away from home). Then we have Leicester, who showed their never say die attitude again today. They never give up and battle for everything they can get, almost taking two points away from this match (which would have been remarkable.)

After this weekend though, It's clearly between Clermont and the O's for this group. Next week's cruicial, Leicester have gotta put up a fight against Clermont and either win or deny them a bonus point. I have a sneaky suspicion Leicester will win, they do not like loosing at home!

Clothe game for the #2 Leicester vs Clermont

Watched it on streaming, so poor quality but saw 2 excellent teams, and despite a little scoring compared to last week, very intense game.
Wonderful defense from Clermont wich make a good result by taking the BP after the 5 last wek

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Dec 20 2009, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Clothe game for the #2 Leicester vs Clermont

Watched it on streaming, so poor quality but saw 2 excellent teams, and despite a little scoring compared to last week, very intense game.
Wonderful defense from Clermont wich make a good result by taking the BP after the 5 last wek[/b]
No separate thread for this?

Not sure what to make of this match. Clermont only wanted a losing bonus point - I guess - and Brock James was rubbish in defence. Leicester are not champion material, so if Clermont lose out to them by playing poker with qualification points it would be weird.

Leicester were a bit lucky with their two tries, but that's what home teams do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 19 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No separate thread for this?

Not sure what to make of this match. Clermont only wanted a losing bonus point - I guess - and Brock James was rubbish in defence. Leicester are not champion material, so if Clermont lose out to them by playing poker with qualification points it would be weird.

Leicester were a bit lucky with their two tries, but that's what home teams do.[/b]

Didn't see a thread opened at the end of the match, so was wondering if a lot of people watched it. Tought it was perhaps very useful to open a new one.

I think that Clermont made a very clever game, full of strategy and realism. Coming from a French club you could applause for once !!

More seriously, after the 5 points victory last week, it was very risky (should say crazy) for them to try to duplicate the same game than last week, moreover with players like Nalaga out of service.
They are now in good position to fight for the first place by receiving Ospreys. And whatever the result, Leicester will not leave down by an inch receiving Ospreys on the last day because will still be in the place for the best second place.

I hate to start my posts off by having a go at the referee, but considering i support neither of these teams it at least doesn't sound like i'm looking for an excuse.
Owens made some glaring errors in the match, which i believe affected the overall outcome. I'm not sure Leicester should have taken the game, but that last gasp penalty was crucial.
Greenwood seemed disgusted by Nigel Owens decision to give that last penalty to Clermont, but i think he was spot on. Ball knocked on, moody in front of his player then plays the ball in an offside position. As unlucky as the play went, it was one of the good decisions Owens made tonight.

I hate that particular infringement. I agree with Greenwood on that one; it's just instinct that you'll grab the ball from that. In instances like that perhaps the ball should be turned over in the form of a scrum; a penalty is very harsh for something you can not control.

Nevertheless, Clermont deserved at least a point from that. Leicester were extremely lucky not to have conceded a try, as Nigel Owens decided to play them a 20 metre knock-on advantage after Hipkiss lost the ball to Rougerie...

Clermont have control of the pool now. The Ospreys will probably finish as best runner up.

Latest posts