• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clermont vs Toulouse on final

M

Mr.cyclopede

So no surprise and hold up from Perpignan and Paris who were both dominated by the two leaders who played just (which was not always the case in the previous final phases, that sometimes cost them).

So on the paper, the best headline that it can be, and I think it will keep its promises.

On one side, Clermont. It's not their first final, and some fans are maybe already hunting ghosts that made them leave the ***le all the times before !!!
But 2 changes have to be noticed, it's that second time in two years they reach this level of competion, it's not by chance; and their ability to adapt their game to the stake and the opposition. The second is to be credited to Vern Cotter IMO, who seems to be the man who made them mature.

On the other, Toulouse, faithfull amongst the faithfull, wich incredibly reach this level despite the hard desapointment of the Hcup, and a list of injuries longer than the numbers of articles of the European Constitution projects !
Many people (me first) didn't believe them be able to get back on their feet so quickly

Clermont probably have the advantage psychologically after their win away from home this season. I'd say they're better than Toulouse anyway, but do they have the composure to perform as they've done all season in the final? Should be a cracker!

I'm cheering for Stade Français (nobody's perfect) but I have to admit, this is the 'dream final'. Clermont seems to have a hudge advantage (one more day of rest, no injuries, a shorter season) but as always Toulouse will not give up....

But Paris had a plenty of tries occasions in first half this afternoon (especielly the Parisse's one...) fortunately for Toulouse they were really awkward and pointless. This will not be so 'easy' versus Clermont, a team who's lot more mature in his game. And Elissalde will certainly be out for the final... so who will play at fly half ? Du Toit does not seems to be in great form, Courrent is apart of the squad since the annoucement of his departure to Biarritz. So... Jauzion ?

To me Clermont's chance are 60/40. And by the way, great game by Medard and Jauzion ! Plus Nalaga, Heymans, Rougerie, James... this could be an explosive final.

Can't see Clermont losing the final. It is their 9th final (I think) and they have been the best team in the Top14 all season. They were unlucky to not qualify for the knockout stages of the Heinken Cup and I feel they have the desire to win this league.

Think of Clermont too, mainly because they have now maturity, what they missed in the finals before (maybe a bit of arrogance, wanting to dominate by the game AND the points).
The only mistake they made this year is the "lack of self confidence" they showed while sending a B team where you know in the Hcup pool game.

Like Stillnox, I think also that the team physical states will be important. Especially because the two semi finals played this week end were in very warm and wet weather conditions, for the first time this season. Bodies were not familiar yet and the difference in the day of recuperation before the final is not in favor for Toulouse wich had moreover a heavier calendar.

Will this game be on eurosport? If not what chanells will it be on. When and what time does it kick of. (I have never watched French top 14 before)

You can watch this in streaming on the internet (I don't know if I can send you the link in here... PM ?) pretty poor quality but this is better than nothing.

It's on Eurosport2 UK at 7.45pm Great Britain time, Saturday.
[/b]

The semi was supposed to be on eurosport aswell but they showed Tennis instead :wall:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

The semi was supposed to be on eurosport aswell but they showed Tennis instead :wall:
[/b][/quote]
Semis were on Eurosport 2 ^^

in France it will be both on Canal+ and France 2
Perhaps F2 might be accessible with via free satellite (astra, hotbird) for people in GB ?

The streming will certainly be on France television website, direct TVOD page (free access).

I personnaly appreciate to be able to watch more and more rugby matches from the other side of the Channel, Canal+ is great for that.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

I turned on Euro sport 2 on Saturday and even though the program was labeled as Live French Rugby they were showing men's tennis. I wasn't the only one either, many people were complaining about it.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

I turned on Euro sport 2 on Saturday and even though the program was labeled as Live French Rugby they were showing men's tennis. I wasn't the only one either, many people were complaining about it.
[/b][/quote]
I know - I've had this problem before! If this happens for the T14 final then an official complaint should be sent to Eurosport because it's absolutely ridiculous. I can put up with the laughably bad commentating, but if they're gonna label tennis as "Live French Rugby Championship" then what's the point of having the rights to the tournament? :ranting:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Sorry.. the streaming on internet was Eurosport 2 and actually showing the match. But i think it was Néo-Z eurosport 2 .. maybe a difference in each country.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Ya same for me only i thought it was just a problem with my tv wich always does that

So sad for Clermont... but unlike last year, Toulouse was clearly superior. In lineout, scrum & attack... and Rougerie's was offside on his try by the way. They are by far the best team in France... almost in Europe (;)) and winning the Brennus without a true fly half, without Clerc, Poitrenaud, Nyanga, and with Elissalde on one leg is a great achievement.

Men of the game: Jauzion (he's back !) Sowerby, Elissalde Servat and Médard for his solidity under the high ball and his wonderful try.

Congrats Toulouse !

So sad for Clermont... but unlike last year, Toulouse was clearly superior. In lineout, scrum & attack... and Rougerie's was offside on his try by the way. They are by far the best team in France... almost in Europe (;)) and winning the Brennus without a true fly half, without Clerc, Poitrenaud, Nyanga, and with Elissalde on one leg is a great achievement.

Men of the game: Jauzion (he's back !) Sowerby, Elissalde Servat and Médard for his solidity under the high ball and his wonderful try.

Congrats Toulouse !
[/b]
As a Stade fan that must be difficult for you to say! :p I'd give MOTM to Elissalde or Medard, they were both brilliant, but there were a lot of stand out performances. Special mention to Fabian Pelous!

Latest posts