• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Codemasters' F1 2010

Intercept King JDV

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers

Finally a F1 game for the PC again!and it looks amazing^_^.Getting this game for sure!;)

What's your guys thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks shexhy, very shexhy. However my pc/laptop wont be able to run it at optimum speed so XBOX version please

Game looks immense. Remember they were mentioning doing this when we went to play test Ashes 2009 last year.

Yeah this looks like an awesome F1 game, the bit I like the most that they mention is the ability to decide whether or not "save" your tires by driving on the wet part of the track or on the dry part of the track.This game sounds so realistic!

If Codemasters are on the case, at least it should mean the game is fun and enjoyable instead of boring and mundane like Sonys efforts over the past decade.

This is going to be awesome apparently. I was reading in Gamesmaster that it can take them up to a month to get a single image of the game approved due to all the licensing involved.

Damn every time I read or see something new about his game the more I want to have it like in yesterday!Just 3 months more to wait for it in SA...

Got this game over the weekend for my PC and it was love at first sight!(that's why I haven't been so active on the forum:D)

I'm absolutely loving this game so far!Only slight disappointment about the game is that there isn't a safety car, would have been fun to have it in the game, but can live without it:p

Can't wait to get my new GPU and play this game with DirectX 11^_^

Anyone else had a go at this game yet, be it PC, PS3 or Xbox?

Got it for my Birthday Saturday ...

Amazing, got it on the Xbox 360, love the format, really enjoying it.

My brothers got it, absolutely loves it.
He got it for his pc, over steam, which i have access to the account...but i think my laptop would explode if i even thought about installing it =/

I'm currently 2nd in the Driver's Championship in my 1st season with Virgin Racing, something like 12 points behind Webber with 5 races remaining:)

Had this since release it hasn't left my X360
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Into 3<SUP>rd</SUP> season now, 20% races - just won the WDC in my 2<SUP>nd</SUP> year with Lotus on intermediate AI difficulty – I know I should move the AI diff up but I wanna sign with someone good
<o:p> </o:p>
I just wanna get to a good team, and win from the back of the pack.
<o:p> </o:p>
Best racer I have had in ages, it might not have all the bells n whistles of Forza, but F1 is on speed, its ridiculous and has u on the edge of everything, levels on concentration have never been so high in ages

This game rocks even tho it has a number of bugs on all formats. To get the best experience out of it tho you need to set the AI to Legend as it's impossible to get low end teams in the Top 10 most of the time and makes you fight to get into the better teams.

I'm on 5th Season. In my first season I was on Professional AI and got to about 4th in Drivers championship. Then I re-signed with Virgin for 2nd season and was well into the game by then caned it and won the world champs, my team mate could only manage 20th so didn't win the constructors. It was then I realised I had to change the AI cos I was winning races even if I started in 24th. Because I beat my Rival (Hamilton) I got contract with Mclaren with Hamilton as team mate for 3rd season, but I changed the AI to Legend. I was doing faultless laps in Bahrain and ONLY JUST got into Q3 and then managed to get a 5th place start. I finished the race 4th.

I also started a new account (as you can only have one save) and put it on Legend AI and had MUCH different results which was cool. I raced for Virgin again AND doing faultless laps with all assists off, but now I could only just make it into Q2. The car didn't have the pace even tho my laptimes were same/betterish as previous account. I qualified 14th and finished race in 9th after skemming round as fast as I could. And that became a tough season but you're only expected to finish 18th at end of season so it was well do-able.

But once you start putting in consistent laps you'll find Professional AI is just way too easy. Luckily Legend is a massive step up even when you're in Top 10 competitive cars.

There is a patch coming out soon which is needed as there are quite a few annoying bugs in the game. Sometimes the AI wont pit on dry races and that sux cos you have to. This usually happens tho when you have the race length set short (30% or under) cos theres small pit windows for all 24 cars to pit and not cause huge traffic jam. If anyone on here is having that problem then an apparent remedy is set your race strategy to pit in a lap earlier or later than defualt, or reverse tyre strategy and start on primes so you don't have to pit till later. But it really sucks when your chasing say... Alonso and know damn well he aint pitted and you're tryin to out pit him then give in, pit and go back out and he is still 25 seconds in front of you and remains there till end of race (cheating barsteward).

But all in all a great game. Have been racing online with some guys from the codemasters forums that wanted clean races and it's been superb.

Latest posts