• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Command & Conquer

Z

Zonerunner

Somebody must have slipped something into Electronic Arts water, because they've decided to give away the original ***le, Command & Conquer Gold, for free - supposedly to celebrate its 12th birthday. Apparently it's based on the version included in the recent The First Decade compilation, though Windows XP users are advised to read the accompanying instructions.

You can download the two disc set from the official C&C site. Be aware that download times are predictably sluggish while the world and their mothers attempt to get in on the freeness. Expect the download to take most of the day.

They say they'll be giving away something C&C-related every week in September. I doubt any of them will be as generous as this.

also on the free games stuff. ubisoft are giving away some of their games away for free too. far cry,rayman raving rabbits and persia sand of time are all free now. the games are being made free with in-game ads so bare that in mind when you download. fileplanet seems to be the only place that has them but try looking around and you might find them elsewhere. also ghost recon apparently was also one of the free games but the links seems to have gone or not be working now.

http://www.fileplanet.com/free_games.shtml

If you actually wanted to buy the original C&C now, what would you be prepared to pay for it? zero. After youve downloaded and played it for 5 minutes youll remeber why you stopped plaing it years ago, and why its being given away. someone was giving away the original age of empires in a cereal box not so long ago. I got sucked in, installed it, booted it up and them thought damn, this sucks I stopped playing it years ago for that very reason! but they got me to buy that damn cereal.

I actually played the original Age of Empires recently. And I actually quite enjoyed it.

Does that make me a bad person mummy?

No it dosent. It makes you the kind of person who starts threads about the orignal C&C being given away,as if people actually would want to by it. :) Then again, if you enjoy A of E orignal, then youll enjoy

this, and power to you if you can enjoy these old school games, youll save yourself some money. Dont get

me wrong, I loved both these games in their day, but now I just cant stomach them, im a materialistic next

gen boy now. I need shiny games.

I have over 600 ***les in my games collection. I need to save every penny I can get.

Anyways, this is Electronic Arts we're talking about. A company that sells cheats for its games on Xbox Live Marketplace. For real money and stuff. I have no doubt that they wouldnt have give away C&C if they thought it had any retail value whatsoever. But hey, the UK has a PC market that exists on reselling older ***les, so I figure there's at least some demand for these kind of games somewhere.

Besides, my PC is old-skool. I wouldnt even want to contemplate what Crysis would do to my PC. Cataclysm is the first word that comes to mind,

Age of Empires! Class, class and more class.

(Not that it makes a good turn based game, like it is on the DS!)

age of empires was awesome with the cheats on. driving a huge car around was simply awesome.

I have over 600 ***les in my games collection. I need to save every penny I can get.

Anyways, this is Electronic Arts we're talking about. A company that sells cheats for its games on Xbox Live Marketplace. For real money and stuff. I have no doubt that they wouldnt have give away C&C if they thought it had any retail value whatsoever. But hey, the UK has a PC market that exists on reselling older ***les, so I figure there's at least some demand for these kind of games somewhere.

Besides, my PC is old-skool. I wouldnt even want to contemplate what Crysis would do to my PC. Cataclysm is the first word that comes to mind, [/b]

600 games! thats some collection. In 20 years you can start a history of gaming Museum. I have like about 4. Im always trading and selling. So, do you keep every game you buy or just the ones you like? What platforms? Majority PC im guessing!?

i am guessing htey are mainly ps2 and xbox :)

i have probably had around about that many games, at the moment i have a lot of game boxes, they range from my floor on top of each other and reach the top of my desk, i thought that was lots. and thats just for the pc

600 games! thats some collection. In 20 years you can start a history of gaming Museum. I have like about 4. Im always trading and selling. So, do you keep every game you buy or just the ones you like? What platforms? Majority PC im guessing!?[/b]
I've just started a new thread so that you may worship me and my collection of ***les.

As for the free Ubisoft games, how obtrustive are the adverts? Are they really obvious? Just curious as Sands of Time is a ***le everybody should really play at least once in their lives...

well they are apparently in the game menus and when you quick load etc. I have read though that if you run fraps it disables the ads in far cry at least. also you need a ubi account to play and need to put in US infomartion when you make your ubi account otherwise the game won't run as it is US only at the moment.

Crickey I can't imagine EA giving away anything for free. They normally prefer to charge money for something the you already have! I do have many fond memories of C&C though - namely building endless mamoth tanks and then crusking everything in my path!

Latest posts