• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Congrats to the Redbirds

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Tremendous stuff in NY. Bear in mind that the Mets were 27 games better than the St Louis Cardinals in the regular season!

Pitching in the bottom of the 9th in the 7th game holding a 2 run lead...bases loaded and their nemesis, Beltram, at the plate Adam Wainwright held his nerve to pitch them into the World Series.

Pretty dramatic stuff.

The Detroit Tigers will batter them but they should take a lot of pride in that pennant.

how about the kenny rogers pinetar incident?
[/b]

I'm surprised there hasn't been more outcry over that.

Winning the National League is like winning the Special Olympics.
[/b]

What having every man on your team having to bat & field rather than having a guy who doesn't field come in and do the hard work for the poor pitcher.

I am stunned! Truly amazing stuff that they won it. They were awful in September....Oh me of little faith.

Go Cards go!

Apparently they were playing the Gambler by Kenny Rogers as the jubilant Cards fans trooped out! Arf....Cheats never prosper!

yep little eckstein mvp.. what a good story[/b]

You know it's been a **** series when David Eckstein is the MVP. Honestly I couldn't care less who won this series, I was just ****** that the Tigers pitching decided not to show up. No 103mph fastballs by Zumaya, all the young pitchers folded like lawn chairs, hell the only good player was Kenny Rogers, who pitched amazing right the way through the playoffs.

As for the controvesy it's complete BS. First off Rosin+Spit = Pinetar. Rosin being the substance in the little baggie pitchers are allowed to have on the mound. And in cold conditions the pitchers are allowed to blow on their hands to warm them up. What the hell do you think comes out of your mouth when you blow on your hands? Second it wasn't even on his finger tips where you want pinetar to be, it was on his palm. Absolutly no use to him. Third, everyone does it. That is why Tony La Russa didn't complain, because he knew his pitchers do it too. Garuntee that Chris Carpenter uses it, so what's the big deal?

At least you're not living in St. Louis, having to hear it non-stop. Some one hand me a gun...I'm soooo over this baseball crap...Unless the Redsox win...but shhhh don't tell anyone I work with that!!!

At least you're not living in St. Louis, having to hear it non-stop. Some one hand me a gun...I'm soooo over this baseball crap...Unless the Redsox win...but shhhh don't tell anyone I work with that!!!
[/b]

The Red Sox can suck my dick, along with their bought championship.

"bought"

I thought that term only applied to the Yankees and Canadian track stars.

"bought"

I thought that term only applied to the Yankees and Canadian track stars.
[/b]

A $130million dollar payroll is certainly buying yourself as championship. And Canada hasn't had a track star since Donovan Baily, barring of course Felicien but she choked at the Olympics and therefor doesn't count. If you're refering to Ben Johnson, well we all know everyone else in that race was juiced so it's not that big a deal, though he is a national disgrace.