Connacht v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Connacht.png
Cardiff.png

Connacht v Cardiff Blues
</div>

Michael Bradley has made 2 changes to his side for the visit of Cardiff Blues. Troy Nathan starts at full back with Gavin Duffy switching to centre instead of Niva Ta'auso and David Gannon comes in, in the backrow for Colm Rigney who's been ruled out with a knee injury. Johnny O'Connor is back on the bench as well.

Robin Soden Taylor returns to a Blues side again hit by international call ups.

Should be an away win but will be a lot closer than the previous meeting between these 2 sides.

Connacht: T Nathan; L Bibo, G Duffy, K Matthews, F Carr; I Keatley, F Murphy; B Wilkinson, S Cronin, R Morris; A Browne, A Farley; D Gannon, R Ofisa, J Muldoon ©.

Replacements: C Muldoon, R Loughney, M Swift, J O'Connor, C O'Loughlin, A Dunne, M Deane.

Blues: Ben Blair; Richard Mustoe, Jamie Robinson, Ceri Sweeney, Tom James; Nicky Robinson, Jason Spice; Rhys Gill, Rhys Thomas, Gary Powell, Deiniol Jones, Scott Morgan, Maama Molitika, Robin Sowden-Taylor, Xavier Rush (capt).

Replacements: Taufa'ao Filise, Gareth Williams, James Down, Ben White, Richard Rees, Dai Flannigan, Chris Czekaj.

Seeing Gavin Duffy line up at 13 is all that's needed to realise that Connacht will have no penetration in the backline. For Connacht to win they'll have to play 10 man rugby and defend brillianty. The Blues have more than enough talent in their ranks to win comfortably. The away team should win by 10 points or so.

Nothings ever a given up there for us for some reason.

A 5 point win will put us 4th...

Cardiff have a nice little run in of home games from the magners league this season.

Edinburgh A
Dragons H
Ulster A
Munster H
Edinburgh H
Scarlets H

With the likely last ever game at the Arms Park to be against the Scarlets for the last game of the season! I don't think we will finish to badly.

Some last minute points - a Chris Czekaj try and BB conversion + penalty - to nick it for them. Sounds quite lucky, but a wins a win especially during international month.

I think the last time I checked this it was 14-3 to Connacht so they've got to be disappointed to have blown a chance like that.

Then you'll be pleased to know that the Scrum V reporters during the Ospreys game got it wrong, and it was actually Sowden Taylor who saved you.

Latest posts