• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Contesting the High Ball

P

Paddy

Anyone know how to jump up and catch the ball?

I seem the AI do it all the time, i've been trying out every button

don't think there is a jump option Paddy (its one of Los' many "hates" about the game)

I think it may just be a case of the AI deciding when it is appropriate itself... I know I've seen one of my players do it just as I switched control to him - but it wasn't down to something I pressed

oh ok

damn, well.....why didnt swordfish make the button for it? The animation is there~

not really that big a deal. a manual jump button hasn't been in a rugby game in years.

That wasn't manual was it? It just did it automatically on kickoffs and bombs from memory?

Quite true, circle button on PS2. If timed correctly, can be very useful.

you can contest the high ball

on xbox hold down A when balls in air and ur guy will jump high for it

Originally posted by Boomslangnz@Feb 4 2006, 07:05 PM
you can contest the high ball

on xbox hold down A when balls in air and ur guy will jump high for it
wats A for?

i got it on PC

No on X-Box you press B and your player will jump for the ball. ( B is the button to throw to the middle of the lineout). Works quite well if timed right.

/edit btw this is for Rugby05

Yeah ... you can jump and take the ball manually. It's not actually in the manual as we didn't think it worked very well and didn't want to make a big deal about it, but we left it in. You can do it on all 3 versions.

a hidden easter egg. maybe that is why people don't know about because it's not in the manual. this is were button mashing skill from tekken come into play, you can find cool move by button mashing randomly and now it seem these skills can be useful in rugby as well

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Feb 4 2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah ... you can jump and take the ball manually. It's not actually in the manual as we didn't think it worked very well and didn't want to make a big deal about it, but we left it in. You can do it on all 3 versions.
Can I ask how you do it for the PS2 please Trev?

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Feb 4 2006, 09:15 PM
least its better than RL2
<

what's wrong with rl 2 lol. best not go down that path again. st helens random button pus/mash ftw.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 09:49 PM
what's wrong with rl 2 lol. best not go down that path again. st helens random button pus/mash ftw.
dont get me wrong

i love League more than union and RL2 is an "OK" game, but contesting the highball in RL2 is a joke, the animation just suck

while for RC 2006, the animation is perfect and fluid

anyway, contesting the high is not button 2, button 2 is the big hit button

Trev, can you play tell us what button is it for the PC version?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 4 2006, 09:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 4 2006, 09:36 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Feb 4 2006, 09:15 PM
Can I ask how you do it for the PS2 please Trev? [/b]
I assume it would be X... it's the same button you use to punt...

Latest posts