• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket2004?

W

Wally

I've heard from people such as kingwilko that this game isn't any good. However, there do seem to be alot of patches around (I don't have much experience in this though). Would this game be better to get if I already have a rugby game over something like WCR and RL. These are on PC.

Cheers

The answer is that it is the best available at the present time. We're all hoping that codemasters, unlike EA, will do some bug testing when they release BLC.
However there has been sufficient progress with the editing of cricket2004 to make it worth buying on PC if you are a crcket gaming fan.

Well actually it'll probably be my first real cricket game. Would something like this appeal to a n00b like me?

i have it on ps2

if ur a MASSIVE cricket fan like myself - you'll enjoy it

its not as bad as everyone says

its the best replication of the sport thus far

even tho alot of improving is required

it shits on rugby 2004 in regards to its sport similarity - ie dont group this with Rugby 2004 just coz its HB studios.

give it a try
i bought it, and traded it in last week for $60 credit on Tiger Woods 2005
but i owned it since last aussie summer 2004, and during the season, u tend to throw it in for fun with a few mates and beers, during the lunch break in a real life match.

Its OK for the odd bash - however it was really only the previous version with some minor tweaks in the gameplay (and some bugs still left in...........)

Better than rugby 2004, but lets face it ANYTHING was better then that.

Kingwilco: Don't know if you are able to get feedback to someone at HB, but one thing I'd love in the next cricket game (2006??) would be test matches where you can set the number of overs for each session (like the one day games). I would play test matches a lot more if the scoring rates were more like one dayers (ie. I could set the sessions to 8 or 10 overs each). Would make bowling more interesting in tests as well (rather than the computer just blocking the ball continually).

Tests could then be concluded in a quicker time frame, thus more of then could be played.

As I said earlier I've never played much computer cricket before. Is it boring? Is there enough there to keep you entertained?

Originally posted by NZL fan@Sep 23 2004, 03:56 AM
Kingwilco: Don't know if you are able to get feedback to someone at HB, but one thing I'd love in the next cricket game (2006??) would be test matches where you can set the number of overs for each session (like the one day games). I would play test matches a lot more if the scoring rates were more like one dayers (ie. I could set the sessions to 8 or 10 overs each). Would make bowling more interesting in tests as well (rather than the computer just blocking the ball continually).

Tests could then be concluded in a quicker time frame, thus more of then could be played.
We can certainly try although developers have a habit of only taking an interest in fans and fansites when a release is imminent and it's usually too late.
A lot of the promised and requested features for Cricket2004 were simply left out. I'd pin higher hopes on Swordfish and Codemasters for BLC2005.

Latest posts