• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup discussion

Bokmagic sorry about the team sheets I also had a long weekend, went to Pietermaritzburg.

Awsome vibe in maritzburg on vryday night, Sharks beating the Bulle on home turf :bravo:

The WP beating the cheetahs? flippen good job.

But the lions beating the valke also.

The CC log is getting interesting.

Too bloody interesting if you ask me. Just 3 matches to go, and still the Lions keep on pulling away from us- one bonus point at a time. What with the RWC going at the same time, I wonder if I`ll have developed a stomach ulcer by next weekend, or only the one after that?

Supporting your province, or in my case, my Province, not for the faint-hearted hey!

I don't want to be a negative nancy or anything, but as awesome as the past weekend was, realistically I've allready forsaken Province to 5th place.

there are only 2 games left each for WP and the Lions. and the lions are 4 log points ahead.

WP should get an easy win over the Valke at Brakpan and should have the odds on beating Griquas on Newlands.

The Lions do have a -bit- of a toughie in playing Griquas at Kimberley, but I'm pretty sure they won't lose that one, and then they play the Kavaliers at Ellis park which should be a definite win for them. So it all depends on what happens in that Lions - GQ game, but honestly I've allready accepted defeat, province just screwed up one too many games this year. Well played Lions.

Touche my good man. Sadly for Province, what you say is true. Oh well, there`s always next year.... :blink:

But well, that doesn`t detract from what will still be a helluva CC season. Can`t wait for the semi`s, where I`ll obviously adopt our coastal brethren, and ultimately, the great prize itself.

***clutching at straws*** Meanwhile, I eagerly anticipate the appearance of... Suzie the Waitress in Kimberley :ph34r:

I'm with Boggle I also think it my be to little to late for the W.P.

But the fat lady has not sung yet.

Shark team for Cheetahs match

15. Odwa Ndungane
14. Gcobani Bobo
13. Waylon Murray
12. Andries Strauss
11. Henno Mentz
10. Adrian Jacobs
9. Rory Kockott
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Nikolai Blignaut
6. Jacques Botes ( Capt )
5. Johan Ackermann
4. Steven Sykes
3. Robbie Harris
2. Skipper Badenhorst/Craig Burden
1. Tendai "Beast" Mtawarira

Adi starting on flyhalf again, did not have a bad game against the Bulls :D .

WP will probably hammer the Valke.

Lions have a tight game against the Griquas in Kimberley.

Well that's it then boys.
The fat lady sung, and it was a sad song too :( (well for us anyway)

So bulls make it through on points difference (WP will be kicking themselves for years for losing that boland game).

should be some excellent QF games, Bulls vs. Cheetahs at BLoem, methinks the Cheetahs will take this one, after what they did to the Bulls on Loftus.

And I'm hoping the Sharks take the Lions at Absa stadium, but the Lions are playing some awesome rugby lately and I think this one is just too close to call.

I just hope the Sharks can win the Currie Cup, I'm still sore about them losing the super14 @ home. :/

This is a tough one to call, But I am hoping for a Cheetahs vs Sharks final. If Cheetahs or the sharks win the cup it will make no difference to me.

I think the lions might surprise everyone and beat a weakened sharks team. The cheetahs had a good season and will probably beat the weakened Bulls team.

If I have to go with a prediction then it will be cheetahs hoisting the cup.

Have being casually watching the currie cup.......cant wait till tonight back to back games lions vs sharks and cheetahs vs bulls should be great. :D I have only watched a little of free state but what i have watched has impressed me greatly attacking rugby with a good pack. :)

Latest posts