• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Griquas - Lions @ GWK Park, Kimberley (23-07-2011, 14:00 GMT)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
cctrfbig.png

GWK Park, Kimberley (23-07-2011, 14:00 GMT)
trfgriquas.png
Versus%20XIII.png
goldenlions.png

Aaah â€" the first of the really tricky ones to call this season. The Kwas were unlucky to not beat Province last week and on their home ground, against a Lions side that was poor against the Pumas, Griquas have to start as favourites. They’re still without two of their main strike weapons in Sarel Pretorius and Rocco Jansen, though, but the Lions appear to lack genuine x-factor in their backline too, which should even things out. I’m going to go with Griquas, by about 5 points.

Griquas: 15. Riaan Viljoen, 14. Richard Lawson, 13. Wilmaure Louw, 12. Barry Geel, 11. Fabian Juries, 10. Monty Dumond, 9. Shannon Rick, 8. Jonathan Mokuena (Captain), 7. Davon Raubenheimer, 6. Justin Downey, 5. Martin Muller, 4. Hendrik Roodt, 3. Lourens Adriaanse, 2. Ryno Barnes, 1. Steph Roberts
Replacements: 16. Matthew Dobson, 17. Jean Botha, 18. Frikkie Spies, 19. Jaco Nepgen, 20. Matthew Rosslee, 21. Logan Basson, 22. Rudi Vogt

Lions: 15. Michael Killian, 14. Deon van Rensburg, 13. Waylon Murray, 12. Doppies la Grange (Captain), 11. Lionel Mapoe, 10. Burton Francis, 9. Jano Vermaak, 8. Joshua Strauss, 7. Derick Minnie, 6. Cobus Grobbelaar, 5. Franco van der Merwe, 4. Wikus van Heerden, 3. Jacobie Adriaanse, 2. Bandise Maku, 1. Pat Cilliers
Replacements: 16. Martin Bezuidenhout, 17. JC Janse van Rensburg, 18. Johan Snyman, 19. Dries van Schalkwyk, 20. Michael Bondesio, 21. Hein Cronje, 22. Alwyn Hollenbach

Should be a great game, and could go either way ... i'm backing the Lions by 4, but i'm still finding my way a bit with the Currie cup, so what would I know :D

Lions absolutely destroying the Griquas, just muscling them off the ball, out the rucks, in the line-outs and pretty much abywhere else on the field

Thr score, as of 35 mins, is 29-6, Jano Vermaak with a hat-trick

And now they score again, via Deon van Rensberg

Latest posts