• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup play-offs: Natal Sharks - Free State Cheetahs (22-10-2011, 14:30)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Currie%20Cup%20Logo.png

Kings Park, Durban (22-10-2011, 14:30)

Natal Sharks.png
Versus Currie Cup.png
Free State Cheetahs.png

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Natal Sharks [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Free State Cheetahs [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Patrick Lambie [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Hennie Daniller [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Odwa Ndungane [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Rayno Benjamin [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Stefan Terblanche [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Robert Ebersohn [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Marius Joubert [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Andries Strauss [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] JP Pietersen [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Cameron Jacobs [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Frederic Michalak [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Johan Goosen [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Conrad Hoffmann [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Piet van Zyl [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ryan Kankowski [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Boom Prinsloo [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Willem Alberts [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] Ashley Johnson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Keegan Daniel (c) [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Pieter Labuschagne [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ross Skeate [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Izak van der Westhuizen [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jean Deysel/Anton Bresler [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Philip van der Walt [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jannie du Plessis [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] WP Nel [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Bismarck du Plessis [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Adriaan Strauss (c) [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Tendai Mtawarira [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Marcel van der Merwe [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Craig Burden [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Hercu Liebenberg [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Eugene van Staden [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Trevor Nyakane [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Marcell Coetzee [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Wilhelm Steenkamp [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jacques Botes [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Johan Wessels [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ross Cronje [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Tewis de Bruyn [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Adi Jacobs [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Sias Ebersohn [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Lwazi Mvovo [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Nico Scheepers [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last time round, Goosen destroyed us. We HAVE HAVE HAVE to make sure he doesn't get front foot ball with a deal of space again, or else we will be seeing 2009 all over again with penalties and drop goals sure to come in the final minutes if the game is close.
Will have to wait and see what the Sharks span is.

I expect Bismarck, Jannie, Mtawarira, Alberts, Lambie and Kanko all to start... This will be colossal!

My prediction:

1. Mtawarira
2. Bismarck
3. Jannie
4. Deysel
5. Skeate
6. Daniel
7. Alberts
8. Kankowski
9. Hoffmann
10.Michalak
11.Mvovo
12.Joubert
13.Terblanche
14.Pietersen
15.Lambie

16.Burden
17.van Staden
18.Hargreaves
19.Botes
20.Cronje
21.Jacobs
22.Ndungane

Heh?

http://www.irb.com/history/awards/newsid=2034590.html

Odwa... starting... Mvovo... bench...

I understand it is injury enforced, but if Mvovo is risk enough not to be starting, why not drop him and bring back Sithole? That is what gets me the most, I don't usually agree with the 'If you're not fit enough to start, you're not fit enough to bench", but this is a bloody semi final Plum! Start Odwa by all means, but make sure as fleck that Sithole gets back to Durban ASAP in case Mvovo doesn't pull through!

Last edited:
Two questions to the Sharks fans;

Wouldn't you prefer Alberts at lock and Deysel at blindside rather than the other way around?
Is Ludik injured?

Sharks should (SHOULD) win this one with their Boks back and angry along with the confidence they were sure to take from dismantling the log leaders in the last round. That said, they have to shut down the Cheetah's forwards as the Cheetahs' young halfback pair are both class for their age and Goosen seems to be just plain class age aside. IE starve them of ball or be prepared to have to defend like maniacs to take the win.

Two questions to the Sharks fans;

Wouldn't you prefer Alberts at lock and Deysel at blindside rather than the other way around?
Is Ludik injured? win.

Well, in the future yes, however for me Deysel has been training in this capacity and Skeate combination for several weeks now. Also, Alberts is faster than Deysel, thus more useful at getting to the rucks/ make tackles off the scrum quickly. Eish Ludik, she is broaken.

ok thats my bad for not being able to read ^_^

Truth be told you're not the first, and my IPad always tries to recognise it as you mistook and 'auto-correct'.

Alberts at lock is not that great... Deysel is a wrecking ball and can bring a lot from the second row, while Alberts has a bit more pace. Good call by Plum. Ludik has been injured for a couple of weeks now.

Man, I am freaking nervous for this one...
Same here!

Deysel and Skeate in the second row still doesn't fill me with confidence. Bresler and Marais still seem like the future, and we would be wasting a good young lock and powerful blindside with Deysel at lock.

Wonder if Sias will be off. Goosen has looked very impressive and I can see him keeping the 10 shirt for the S15.

[Outlandish remark alert]

Take a deep breath... I think that in his last few games, that Skeate has shown himself to be the form lock in SA at the moment.

[Alert over]

More an indication of how poorly all the other locks have played, but hey, France got into the final playing some rugby even Scotland wouldn't be proud of.
Man for man I think our second row is better than the Cheetahs, Deysel and Skeate both offer a lot of grunt and would be considered 'scrumming locks' (tall with a little more meat than their compatriots), and we must remember that Philip van der Walt is himself a retreaded loosie to lock and both of their locks are not heavily experienced at CC level either being in the 22-25 range.

Our front row is better, end of.
Our loosies are better,, end of.
Our half back pairing? More or less parity because both of their pivots have been good and consistent, and have got the combo going smoothly.
Our wings are better.
Our centres are... lol
SuperPat B)

Exclaimer: I am not writing the Cheetahs off, and would not be shocked if they won.

Did you guys see how Kockett owned Toulouse?

Last edited:
KOCKOTT!!! Not Kockett haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I'm afraid you will never learn. Same with guys talking about JP Peterson ;)

**Ahem**

Hook, line and sinker.

Anyways, the weather in Durbs this week has very from very hot and humid, to tropical storm, to berg wind, to overcast and average weather today, no rain to speak of. Tomorrow is anticipated to be sunny with a bit of a temperature.

This is actually a good match for Goosen to show us how he will do if his pack is under pressure...

He has Springbok written all over him, and I hope he plays a blinder!

dunno who to support in this game though... i would've liked it if these 2 teams played in the final because lets be honest, who likes the Weepee and the Lions?? Apart from Stormer and Icemn...

Icemn only likes the All Blacks

Our u21s lost in their semi-final against WP. :(

As for the game today, it is hot as ****, humid as **** and about as much wind now as in the eye of a storm.

Hopefully the latter will pick up if the humidity doesn't calm down, but seeing as it is only half ten, and the game is at a time just after when humidity tends to peak a the coast, it is likely we will see a lot of water bottles and a few handling errors from the moisture.

**** it's hot. To the stadium. B)

Last edited:

Latest posts