• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CWC 2007 Awards

B

BokMagic

Right, so after all the action has been completed, here are the unofficial CWC awards ceremony winners. Feel free to add more categories!

Gary Sobers award for hitting 36 off an over: Herschelle Gibbs
Malcolm Marshall Award for unplayable over: Malinga the Slinga for his (?) quad-trick- don`t know what you call 4 in 4.
Braveheart II leading role award- Stephen Fleming, for keeping the good fight going right to the end.
Thanks for the memories Award- Bob Woolmer(RIP), Brian Lara, Glenn McGrath, Inzy
Hindenberg Award for blowing up hot air: Graeme "I just wanna be the poor man`s Steve Waugh" Smith
Geoffrey Boycott Award for really pushing the run-rate along to a princely 1.8 runs per over- Jacques Kalizzzz
Don Bradman Award for being an immovable object at the wicket: Matt Hayden
Gavin Henson Award for looking like a girl: Nathan Bracken
Mick Lewis Award for bowling "economy": Daan Van Bunge
David Award for slaying Goliath: Ireland and Bangladesh
David Boon Award for drinking "80 tinnies in one night, with no end in sight": Fred Flintoff and Mark Boucher
David Boon Award for eating "80 pies in one night, with no end in sight": Dwayne Leverock. Major League Baseball chucking, uhm sorry I mean pitching, award: Muttiah Muralitharan.
All Blacks Award for most likely to be in need of the Heimlich manouvre, after a mammoth choke: Proteas

Well thought out :) ...oh yeah and i think 4 wickets in a row, or as you dubbed a "quad-trick", is called a "double-hat-trick". I could be wrong though!

I really like that last award aswell ;)

4 wickets in a row is a double hat-trick (dont ask my why just is) and that was over two overs, so it doesnt count :D

You were possibly extracting the urine there Woosaah, but it is still a double hat-trick. As with hat-tricks, Merv Hughes even got one in a test by taking last the two wickets of the first innings, then the first wicket with first ball in 2nd innings, and that one counts too :D

You were possibly extracting the urine there Woosaah, but it is still a double hat-trick. As with hat-tricks, Merv Hughes even got one in a test by taking last the two wickets of the first innings, then the first wicket with first ball in 2nd innings, and that one counts too :D
[/b]

Extracting the urine= taking the p*ss?

oh it still counts as a double hattrick but it doesnt count as "Malcolm Marshall Award for unplayable over" since it was two overs.

though saying that in that spell he was pretty much unplayable :)