• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cycling

G

getofmeland

Right Guys

Recently I have had to re-evaluate my health and my physical fitness... due to some recuring problems.

So have decided to get back into cycling to build up the muscles in my legs... In aid for me to have some motivation I have signed up for a 60 Mile Charity Cycle Ride in July, having not been on a bike for over a year, I decided it was time to get in training and have started to build up to the 60 Miles... This weekend I managed to do 30 Miles but there were multiple pubs on the way...

I am now looking to upgrade my current bike, which is a Giant Boulder Shock, Hard Tail MTB... its several years old but it does a job, however the frame is too heavy for long distances...

I have started to look at new bikes and wondered whether any one else had any suggestions... Been looking at Marin's, Kona's, Cannondales and Giants at the mo... witht the front runner currently being the Marin Eldridge Grade http://www.marin.co.uk/2008/bikedetail.php?ModNo=3847
3847.jpg

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Bloody good ride for the price considering the forks. Rear derailleur and brakes are another major strength, as well as the crankset.

Whats your budget and are you planning to be thrashing the bike off road as well?

Basically, my budget is £800 but I may push to a £1000 for the right Bike...

I wanna be able to have the bike there which will allow me to go off road as well as on road... mainly cos there is a lot of trails in the surrounding area which I would like to try...

The problem with me and Touch Rugby, is that I usually want to dump tackle the person with the ball, I can't get it in my head that it is touch rugby and not proper...

So I gave up trying after I was teaching a group youngsters how to play and crippled that poor lad by dumping tackling him, serves the smug git right for trying to side step me...

The problem with me and Touch Rugby, is that I usually want to dump tackle the person with the ball, I can't get it in my head that it is touch rugby and not proper...

So I gave up trying after I was teaching a group youngsters how to play and crippled that poor lad by dumping tackling him, serves the smug git right for trying to side step me... [/b]

I want to see these skills Charlie! TRF Touch Rugby Meet Up!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx...e%20Disc%202008

Theres another bike, but the one you showed us first seems to be the go considering the fork.

However this is £100 cheaper and unless you're racing offroad the forks won't make too much of a difference. Its almost full Shimano XT spec as well which hardly ever faulters.

In regards to the Marin, try and get the shifters and front derailleur upgraded to XT for the same price. If they can, then thats the go.

Yeah have been told the XT are the ones to go for if you can get it, one of the key reasons for the Marin is the quality in the build of the bike...

I am still gonna have to have a good think about my options...

Yeah have a look around and keep posting some links if you want some feed back :)

I just got myself a Giant Anthem 1, unfortunately I couldn't afford the Yeti ASR Carbon or ASR Alloy but I think Dad's going to get one of those for his 50th...plush bikes! Have a look just for a thrill lol.

Hopefully someone else gets the riding bug around here!

Latest posts