• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dallaglio on track for return

B

Bullitt

Lawrence Dallaglio hopes to resume playing in November after taking his first tentative steps towards full fitness at Wasps training yesterday.

He broke his right ankle in the opening match of the Lions tour of New Zealand and faces six months on the sidelines. After doing some light training he declared himself to be "as good as I can expect to be 10 weeks after the injury".

But he warned: "I can't rush things because I want to make sure that when I do return that I can make an immediate impression." Wasps play their main pre-season match in a week's time against Neath-Swansea Ospreys, in Wales.

Thomas Castaignede attended his first France training session in two years yesterday only for the Saracens player to find that six other internationals had failed to show up.

The club versus country row is similar to the one in England where the Rugby Football Union are trying to impose a mandatory 11-week rest period on their leading players after summer tours.

Toulouse, Stade Francais and Biarritz have withdrawn players from the training camp near Paris, infuriating Bernard Laporte, the France coach, who warned that if the players did not attend next month then they would not feature in the autumn Tests.

Sale have named five Lions in their squad to play Edinburgh in a friendly tonight at Murrayfield, despite the RFU's calls for a rest period.

-----------------------------------------------

A sooner return than I expected. Saying that, I wasn't expecting a return at all.

True. Kinda surprises me as well.

But I was more surprised to read about the baby faced assassin, Castaignede. I'd love to see him have a last hurrah and have some impact on a French test side.

Latest posts