• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

David Hill

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@May 24 2006, 07:59 PM
You should see how it has affected the Wellington club rugby scene one club has lost 21 of there 22 top 22 players heaps of players have left to play for HB,H-kapiti and Manuwatu etc but anyway if it makes the comp stronger than im all for it. im also glad to see Justin Wilson has signed with HB maybe he will get some game time now.
Yeah thats true......Its already looking like its going to be a good thing spreading the talent around the country.

But its a real shame about the club rugby though its the shame as invercargill but it seems to be a dying thing it sucks i play in the div 2 comp down here and its the biggest divison in southland with ten teams and the premier grade only have five or six its a real shame as it once was a good to watch as there were more team and its nothing like it used to be.

My gf is actually form down there she keeps trying to get us to move down there and then i could play rugby down there but im not quite sure what it would be like compared to Wellington club rugby.

There's nothing wrong with Invers, Queenstown only 2 hours away, Dunedin the same. With club rugby you may need to describe the level you're playing and between the TRF members from here, I'm sure we could give you a good opinion of what it's like down here :)

Hey I've got a question... Dunedin - what’s the place like?
My Fathers from there and he wouldn't let us go there (he moved North and said that they only time that he or his offspring could go there was over his dead body or our disinheritance).

What gives?

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 24 2006, 09:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with Invers, Queenstown only 2 hours away, Dunedin the same. With club rugby you may need to describe the level you're playing and between the TRF members from here, I'm sure we could give you a good opinion of what it's like down here :)
Um im playing colts this year and proly next year too.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+May 25 2006, 01:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@May 24 2006, 09:24 PM
Um im playing colts this year and proly next year too. [/b]
Who you playing colts for?

Ive always liked David Hill. I think that he ads that bit of stabillity into the backline. Hes never really flash and not the biggest play maker but he doesnt just kick it away stupidly all the time. Not like another Chiefs first five this yeah. lol

I am a fan of David Hill and for some reason not many people are. Sure hes not at All Black level but he shouldnt be over looked for the chiefs.

Although he does have his shockers, ive been at a game that Waikato won and he missed every kick. He has also cost us a few critical games. Didnt we lose a semi spot because we lost to BOP once a few years back due to a missed kick out in front? But what kicker hasnt had a bad game?

Originally posted by rc_souljah+May 25 2006, 06:19 PM-->
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@May 25 2006, 01:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dobrien7
@May 24 2006, 09:24 PM

Um im playing colts this year and proly next year too.
Who you playing colts for? [/b]
Wainuiomata 21's

Would rather have seen Gopperth in there... although neither would be in there if Evans wasn't injured.

AB callup puts Hill's overseas plans on hold
29 May 2006 
By EVAN PEGDEN

David Hill's overseas plans are up in the air after he was named in the All Blacks squad to prepare for two tests against Ireland in Hamilton and Auckland.

The 27-year-old Chiefs and Waikato five-eighths had not really thought of himself as being back in All Blacks calculations until he was given the whisper three weeks ago that he might be in line to play his first test.

He had been linked to English club Bristol and has a one-year contract with the New Zealand Rugby Union, which expires at the end of this year.

But the player, who became an All Black under John Mitchell on the 2001 end-of-year northern hemisphere tour and played against Ireland A and Scotland A, said last night none of his plans were set in concrete.

"A few weeks ago I wouldn't have given (becoming an All Black again) a thought," Hill said.

"All I was thinking about was getting back on the paddock (after a frustrating Super 14 season of illness and injury), playing a few games and then maybe looking forward to going away with the New Zealand Maori team.

"But it just shows you can't plan for too much these days."

Hill, who has been used almost exclusively as a second five-eighths by the Chiefs and Waikato over the last 14 months, was shifted back to first five for this year's penultimate Super 14 game against the Waratahs.

With Highlanders first five-eighths Nick Evans out of the picture through injury and the selectors wanting to spread the test load against Ireland and Argentina over a big squad of players, Hill now finds himself the likely back-up on the reserve bench for five-eighths Luke McAlister and Aaron Mauger.

"I played two mid-week games the last time I was in the All Blacks so obviously it would be pretty special if I can get on the field and play against Ireland."

Hill is joined by fellow Chiefs and Waikato teammates Marty Holah, Byron Kelleher and Mils Muliaina for the Ireland tests on June 10 and 17, while Sitiveni Sivivatu and the Chiefs' successful Auckland draftee Sam Tuitupou are in the starting XV named for the test against Argentina in Buenos Aires on June 18. Another 12 Chiefs players are spread over the Junior All Blacks and New Zealand Maori teams. Sosene Anesi, Steven Bates, Stephen Donald, Jamie Nutbrown, Niva Ta'auso and Bernie Upton are in the Juniors, while Jono Gibbes will captain the Maori side and is joined in that squad by Scott Linklater, Deacon Manu, Liam Messam, Kristian Ormsby and Anthony Tahana.
[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3683839a1823,00.html

Latest posts