• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dean Ryan off to Wasps?

It begs the question, who will suffer more as a result: Gloucester or Wasps?
:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 17 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
The decision to try to lure Ryan, 42, back to London[/b]

Why? What have Wasps got to do with the capital?
[/b][/quote]

being mis-named. Same for Irish. But in fairness they all live in London and their academy guys all come from London.

Ryan's a good coach. Gloucester will miss him a lot if he goes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 17 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Maybe its one of those trick statements, like saying that York RFC have "lured Ryan, 42, back to London" because York was Capital of England about 1000 years ago...

...as for who will suffer more, I get the feeling that Ryan's habit of creating teams who choke on the big occasions will follow him to Wasps. I do rate him as a coach, but if he ever joins England's set up then lets just let him focus on his specific area of expertise otherwise England's almighty collapse against Wales in the 2009 Six Nations will be happening every game.

EDIT: Also, £20 says Geechs gets signed by Gloucester for the 2009/10 season and immediately takes the Cherry & Whites to an unprecedented Triple of the GP, HEC and Nu-EDF-including-English-Championship-Clubs-But-Still-Sh*t-Paper-Cup treble!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 17 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 17 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Maybe its one of those trick statements, like saying that York RFC have "lured Ryan, 42, back to London" because York was Capital of England about 1000 years ago...

...as for who will suffer more, I get the feeling that Ryan's habit of creating teams who choke on the big occasions will follow him to Wasps. I do rate him as a coach, but if he ever joins England's set up then lets just let him focus on his specific area of expertise otherwise England's almighty collapse against Wales in the 2009 Six Nations will be happening every game.

EDIT: Also, £20 says Geechs gets signed by Gloucester for the 2009/10 season and immediately takes the Cherry & Whites to an unprecedented Triple of the GP, HEC and Nu-EDF-including-English-Championship-Clubs-But-Still-Sh*t-Paper-Cup treble!
[/b][/quote]

You're probably right! :cryy:

Bring it on I say! I feel that Ryan has taken us as far as he can and the touted replacement is Jake White or Geech. Sounds like we will be getting the better deal. Also where does this leave Shaun Edwards?
Geech`s commitments to the Lions and Edwards involvement with Wales are obviously seen as a problem and its quite clear that the Welsh thing has affected Edwards focus. You are either a national coach or a club coach.
If it is Jake White as Gloucesters new coach it would be nice to see some of those big South African tight fives coming with him.

Isn't Dean Ryan England's equivalent of Lyn Jones anyway?

Shaun Edwards is coming to the Ospreys. You heard it here first.

Matter of fact, so did I!!

Dean Ryan is Lyn Jones except:

1) He isn't an absolutely incompetent imbecile.
2) Is about three times more angry.

Just seen an interview in the local paper and Ryan has said there is no truth in the rumours and he will stay with Gloucester as long as he is wanted by the club.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 18 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dean Ryan is Lyn Jones except:

1) He isn't an absolutely incompetent imbecile.
2) Is about three times more angry.[/b]
3) He didn't go to school with my uncle... 0_o

Latest posts