• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Defence and difficulty ***SPOILER

Well it seems theres some conflicting opinions about hard mode, can you? can't you? The guy was drunk though so well have to wait till hes tried hard mode when sober. In answer to your question jimmy44, no, it dosent work unless you speed burst. The sweet spot is still there, and you can still run into it, but you get caught every time.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 10 2005, 09:15 AM
Well it seems theres some conflicting opinions about hard mode, can you? can't you? The guy was drunk though so well have to wait till hes tried hard mode when sober. In answer to your question jimmy44, no, it dosent work unless you speed burst. The sweet spot is still there, and you can still run into it, but you get caught every time.
Thanks Ceejay - maybe the way round it is to limit the time you press the speed burst button, or limit the time you run diagonally - perhaps no more than three seconds - you'll have to be disciplined to keep this up though

I also think that adjusting the speed of the centres will help> Perhaps reduce their speed but increase their strength and agility. This means you can beat the marking man rather than running round him!

- this combined with hard mode should snuff out the cheat. However would love to hear from davies when he's tried it sober!

Originally posted by DAVIES@Mar 10 2005, 06:11 AM
I never bothered to play on EASY.

But on NORMAL, the diagonal run still works, although it's not a gimme.

On HARD, there's it doesn't work at all.

I had real problems scoring tries when I got to HARD last night.

Although, I had been drinking and it was 1AM.
Can you try it agian tomorrow when ur sober and let us know? Cheers

The rules Ive been playing by work quite well, at least on the demo, I actually lost to Austaria with england, 7-10(shame) the next game I won 21 -3. The two main problems are the diagonal run, and the fact that the opposition always kicks the ball back to you and never tries to attack, using my rules works qutie well, and does not require as much discipline as you think. Like you said jimmy44, combine this with hard mode and it should be sweet.

the ps2 demo i have is on easy

I know this because when i payed the game at training camp i got raped by the chiefs when i was the tahs on medium..i had no ball, no points, no nothing, i was literally raped!!

then in my 1st ever game since the training camp, i played the demo and beat england 40-10..........this happened after i saw the prodigy after having about 10 beers and lots of other goodies (not performance inhancing)

it wouldnt make any sense if the demo is on medium, based on this logic

Latest posts