• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Definition of a "Choker"

I

I Bleed Black

I dont know any more whether I really want the ABs to WIN the world cup, or whether I just want to be rid of the Chokers tag.

So the question is, will the ABs be chokers if they don't win the cup. And if so will any other team be labeled chokers if they don't win (or go as far as expected). Or is it something that only the favorites going into the tournament can acquire. Or is it in the manner that the team bow out of the comp?

I dont know any more whether I really want the ABs to WIN the world cup, or whether I just want to be rid of the Chokers tag.

So the question is, will the ABs be chokers if they don't win the cup. And if so will any other team be labeled chokers if they don't win (or go as far as expected). Or is it something that only the favorites going into the tournament can acquire. Or is it in the manner that the team bow out of the comp?
[/b]

It's the manner of defeat. If you get a load of dodgy ref decisions or the opponent is on top of their game you can't say they choked.

If you lose to England however you're just plain ****.

The entire AB team could literally choke, to death, and still beat the mighty Andy Farrell and England

Not only the favourites can choke, but they have the most pressure so its usually them. Host nations face alot also, so they are sometimes prone to choking.

Latest posts