• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Demo-important

M

mark_shaw

could anyone with real information on where the demo is please post it here? nz, aus ,sa,uk anywhre

it seems theres lots of topics about where 2 find them but they dont actually say whre

chur

Cause no one has found them anywhere else but in the UK. . . . don't you think if someone in the SH had found the demo, it'd be up here by now?

yeh well its the morning here maybe its out and people are out buying it
<

Mate, only way I see them buying it was on ebay in the UK. I think a few SH lads are waiting for it in the post from the training camps they went to.

Plus, as evidenced with sean43, he saw the demo up on ebay and right away threw up a thread about where he found it and how to get it.

Tell me about. I feel funny writing.

But why do I? Cause my wife is English and I lived there for a bunch of years and certain words or ways to phrase sentences are now in my blood. I'm screwed, mate.
<

haha yeh i crack up listin 2 canadian rugby comentators, they dont sound natural sayin rugby words, like ruck, maul etc

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Mar 5 2005, 12:16 PM
haha yeh i crack up listin 2 canadian rugby comentators, they dont sound natural sayin rugby words, like ruck, maul etc
kinda like us yanks when we hear SH dudes quoting Madden....makes me laugh out loud and think...what the hell does this kiwi/ozzie/afrikanner (all the same to us anyway) know about critical 3rd and long situations and YACs.....

...but then I stop laughing and think...you know what....it's bloody (used that word on purpose to baffle you with more americans talking funny) 2005, and the world has become a pretty small place and now people all over are enjoying traditions that may have originated in other places, and you know what, this is crazy I know...maybe just as much or more as those gentle folk from whence the tradition came.

blew my mind, dude. think about it, canadians saying ruck and maul. What´s next? A kiwi saying "Icing, high-sticking, and 2-minute minor"? ....Ã'm not ready for this.

haha fully, o well all for the best, lets invent a sport, nfl with no pads, then every1 will enjoy

Originally posted by robbinho+Mar 5 2005, 03:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Mar 5 2005, 03:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Mar 5 2005, 11:56 AM
my wife
You're Married!! Sweet Jesus... [/b]
Apparantly it's part of a radio competition/gimmick and they only see eachother at publicity events.

They have regular phone conversations on the weekends though
<

Originally posted by flanku+Mar 5 2005, 12:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flanku @ Mar 5 2005, 12:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw
@Mar 5 2005, 12:16 PM
kinda like us yanks when we hear SH dudes quoting Madden....makes me laugh out loud and think...what the hell does this kiwi/ozzie/afrikanner (all the same to us anyway) know about critical 3rd and long situations and YACs.....

...but then I stop laughing and think...you know what....it's bloody (used that word on purpose to baffle you with more americans talking funny) 2005, and the world has become a pretty small place and now people all over are enjoying traditions that may have originated in other places, and you know what, this is crazy I know...maybe just as much or more as those gentle folk from whence the tradition came.

blew my mind, dude. think about it, canadians saying ruck and maul. What´s next? A kiwi saying "Icing, high-sticking, and 2-minute minor"? ....Ã'm not ready for this. [/b]
No need to get so politically correct mate
<
. Sure it's 2005, but if I heard Aussie commentary in the NFL I'd **** myself! Can you image rabs warren talking about line backers, and all that stuff (probably not considering rabs is in the NRL and they don't play that in the US as far as I know)??? It'd be worthy of comedy central! Same goes for American's if they commentated rugby! We're not used to hearing yanks commentate anything outside of their own sports, so of course we think it sounds un-natural to hear rugby done by them! It's not being racist or anything.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 5 2005, 11:56 AM
Tell me about. I feel funny writing.

But why do I? Cause my wife is English and I lived there for a bunch of years and certain words or ways to phrase sentences are now in my blood. I'm screwed, mate.
<
I have an American friend who's like that... he's got an Aussie wife and has been here for almost 5 years now! He now likes cricket more than baseball and watches the NRL almost as religiously as he does his NFL (on cable)! It's so weird for me to go over to his house and watch the cricket with him and hear him yelling stuff like "what a corker!" or with the league saying "dude! That was a blantant forward pass mate!" (yeah, he often uses both in one sentance lol).
Very nice chap though
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 5 2005, 04:14 PM
Same goes for American's if they commentated rugby! We're not used to hearing yanks commentate anything outside of their own sports, so of course we think it sounds un-natural to hear rugby done by them! It's not being racist or anything.
cheers sanzar. didn't mean to get all PC, after all i'm for the genuine article too, best-of-breed all the way...wine from france, movies from hollywood, women from south america, and rugby from the traditional NH/SH nations...etc..

Latest posts