• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that the Jews living in Israel should be uprooted from their homes where most there have lived their entire lives and the rest have lived their since they were put in concentration camps?

Maybe you should go back to England or wherever your ancestors came from and give back Australia to the Aboriginals.

The Jews and Muslims in Israel need to learn to co-exist peacefully. Neither side is doing a very good job of this.

And you are grouping me, saying you hate Jews and referring to me walking to temple.

Perhaps I don't understand why someone shouldn't be allowed to drive somewhere? Should a Catholic not be allowed to drive to Church?

I find it rather worrying that no one else has commented on this. I guess of you guys turn and look the other way, something doesn't exist.

Originally posted by goeagles@Jan 31 2005, 07:03 PM
So you think that the Jews living in Israel should be uprooted from their homes where most there have lived their entire lives and the rest have lived their since they were put in concentration camps?

Maybe you should go back to England or wherever your ancestors came from and give back Australia to the Aboriginals.

The Jews and Muslims in Israel need to learn to co-exist peacefully. Neither side is doing a very good job of this.

And you are grouping me, saying you hate Jews and referring to me walking to temple.

Perhaps I don't understand why someone shouldn't be allowed to drive somewhere? Should a Catholic not be allowed to drive to Church?
A. - I am an American, and live in Australia and have dual citizenship for 24 yrs....sorry for the aborigines, but I had nothing to do with all that at all...........being an American, means I can comment on Israel, and the unfair support they receive from the USA from stupid religous reasons

B. I am a christian (not my choice but dads) and prey one day to be an athiast - Religion is the cause of all things negative - like this bloody arguement.

C. Jewish people ARE supposed to walk to temple, NOT drive...thats what their religion states (although this is what I have only been told by another Jew, whom is my best mate, if u correct me then i apologise, but still thats my cars space for residence of the area...not religious freaks, that live 10km away

D. Half of palestine was robbed by the israelites..........the jews living in palestines land pre-1963 (or whatever yr it was), should be shown to the palestinians that were there b4...let them determine the punishment.

E. Back on topic pls

Jews are alright its only the current generation who link the holocaust to their suffering is when it annoys me.

As for the demo like i said before it will be out soon.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 31 2005, 07:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 31 2005, 07:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-goeagles
@Jan 31 2005, 07:03 PM

A. - I am an American, and live in Australia and have dual citizenship for 24 yrs....sorry for the aborigines, but I had nothing to do with all that at all...........being an American, means I can comment on Israel, and the unfair support they receive from the USA from stupid religous reasons

B. I am a christian (not my choice but dads) and prey one day to be an athiast - Religion is the cause of all things negative - like this bloody arguement.

C. Jewish people ARE supposed to walk to temple, NOT drive...thats what their religion states (although this is what I have only been told by another Jew, whom is my best mate, if u correct me then i apologise, but still thats my cars space for residence of the area...not religious freaks, that live 10km away

D. Half of palestine was robbed by the israelites..........the jews living in palestines land pre-1963 (or whatever yr it was), should be shown to the palestinians that were there b4...let them determine the punishment.

E. Back on topic pls [/b]
So being an American, your family that still lives here should have to go back to Europe, despite having lived in the US for generations and making their home here? And the Jews didn't even rape and pillage the Palestinians like the White Americans did to the Native Americans.

If you are going to go based on that, then the Jews should have rights to the land because they were there before the Arabs in the first place.

As for walking to temple, that is probably and Orthodox/Hassidic thing. I happen to be a Reform Jew.

The roads are for all to use as they are paid for by everyone. Who are you to say what someone can and can't use a road for?

You don't like Jews because they took 'your' parking space and jumped the line at Coles?

Quite sad when you think about it.

Well lets be honest....we all make racist or ignorant comments when somebody of another race, religion, or social standing steps out of line (or in your case, steps in line). Don't tell me none of you have never ever muttered some unwise comment under their breath at someone.

I am Samoan and I am always moaning about my own people and their inability to follow the social conventions of NZ (like going the wrong way in the line at Valentines Buffet Restaurant).

The truth is....if we got a Samoan, Australian, American, British, Irish, Italian, Canadian, Tongan, South African, etc (have I forgotten anyone else in the rugby forum?) and put them all in Palestine for ONE DAY......I would guarantee that all of them would make at least one social/cultural mistake UNLESS they were informed of all the social and cultural courtesies pertaining to that area. There is no one in the world who is fully aware of every people groups little cultural neccesities. I mean....I bet some of you reading this are either LEANING back in your chair or have your FEET RESTING on something other than a footstool (desk or bed). Did you know you have just ****** off some people groups in the world?

My advice is that you try and understand that people are different and that a lot of foreigners make mistakes from ignorance rather than trying to angus you. Don't fool yourself anfd think you would be different in their country. The secret is to try and educate them on your country's conventions in a non-offensive way. I think they will follow eventually if they see you are genuinely trying to help.

You can't stop globalisation but you can try and make it less painful,

the demo will be out in late febuary/early march if you really want to know.

Originally posted by bippy@Jan 31 2005, 08:32 PM
the demo will be out in late febuary/early march if you really want to know.
How do ya know
<

I don't know much about computers but i am just wondering if its REMOTELY possible for thre ps2 demo to SOMEHOW come on the PC and SOMEHOW be able to download. lol
<
sounds a bit far-fetched i know...
<

Top argument fellas.

What do you think of the Lebonese people AK?
<
Ive only heard bad things about them from Australians I know.

And on topic. No one is sure on when the demo will be available publicly and are just speculating. So stop asking!

Originally posted by maddog79@Jan 31 2005, 08:41 PM
I don't know much about computers but i am just wondering if its REMOTELY possible for thre ps2 demo to SOMEHOW come on the PC and SOMEHOW be able to download. lol
<
<
Sorry....totally totally different format. that is why when they make games covering all the platforms they often have different teams for each platform (with a few people who cross over to all).

Now if Locksley was playing a PC demo then we would all be playing it too.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jan 31 2005, 08:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 31 2005, 08:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-maddog79
@Jan 31 2005, 08:41 PM
<
<
Sorry....totally totally different format. that is why when they make games covering all the platforms they often have different teams for each platform (with a few people who cross over to all).

Now if Locksley was playing a PC demo then we would all be playing it too. [/b]
hmmm bummer lol i knew it was far fetched
<

AK47, as an Aussie (a gentile) I find your comments highly offensive. I think that most Aussies take people on face value and would cringe at the inaccurate generalisations you have been making. The notion of giving people a 'fair go' is one of the central tenets of "Australianess"! Particularly at this time of year, the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, your comments are ill-opportune. If I were you I would also try to distinguish the actions of the Israeli State from Judaism, and Judaism from the actions of Jewish people you observe in the supermarket. The world has enough bigots.

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 31 2005, 08:45 PM
Top argument fellas.

What do you think of the Lebonese people AK?
<
Ive only heard bad things about them from Australians I know.

And on topic. No one is sure on when the demo will be available publicly and are just speculating. So stop asking!
i live in australia and Lebenese they're good frends to be with.......but everyone thinks they bad and rapists but its all steriotypes...juss because 5 thugs went and raped a women doesnt mean all lebenese ppl a all rapists!

alot of australian ppl i talk to dont really want to know the truth they juss judge them from wat 5 ppl did.

Ok fellas! This one's gone far enough! this forum is about Rugby 2005, and this topic is supposed to be about the demo!

Sorry to lock this topic, but I don't want the arguing to carry on into something worse! Let's all shake hands, and stick to Rugby gaming eh?
<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts