• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

DHL Stormers vs British & Irish Lions

The only place I've ever been in Ireland is Gallway. Loved it to be honest. Sat in a pub singing anti English rebel songs with the locals.

I won't say too much what went on (you know the tour rules) but a great place.

Where as Wales is just a dump.

Attachments

• 1626545642075.png
    1626545642075.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 0
Look I hate binny as much as the next guy but this tour is really not going to convince anyone Simmonds should be starting for England

If the last four years can convince the coaching staff that Binny should start…

If the last four years can convince the coaching staff that Binny should start…
Don't disagree with that, but think this your has shown what everyone thought about Simmonds at international level is correct

I'd have him in the EPS over Earl but that 8 shirt should he Dombrandts

The only place I've ever been in Ireland is Gallway. Loved it to be honest. Sat in a pub singing anti English rebel songs with the locals.

Lovely city is Galway! Glad you enjoyed it. I'll teach you more songs if you're ever back this way.

Don't disagree with that, but think this your has shown what everyone thought about Simmonds at international level is correct

I'd have him in the EPS over Earl but that 8 shirt should he Dombrandts

I agree he's been a bit lacklustre and sometimes anonymous in these games but bare in mind there are established internationals who have been downright woeful. To say Simmonds can't hack the international test arena based on what we've seen so far is a bit much.

…technically speaking, it hasn't been international rugby for the most part.

I agree he's been a bit lacklustre and sometimes anonymous in these games but bare in mind there are established internationals who have been downright woeful. To say Simmonds can't hack the international test arena based on what we've seen so far is a bit much.

…technically speaking, it hasn't been international rugby for the most part.
I don't think so - there were always questions about him going missing vs big/strong/physical packs for Exeter - but there was always the asterisk that maybe it was just Exeter's pack, as a unit, couldn't handle it/had an off day etc.

Now he's in a different environment and still going missing vs big strong physical packs

He excels for Exeter because he's got guys like Ewers and Vermueluen to pick up the slack in the tight and leave him to do what he does best.
Unless the Lions/England build a pack around him I can't see him bringing his Chiefs form to international level at 8

The thing is for me so far it backs up the Simmonds is a system player talk.
Agree with this, a player you can build a system around to get huge benefits, off the bench to fill the role of Conan isnt what he's good at.

Also he hit alot of rucks when for me he'd want to be wider out ready to be the next carrier, used right he's great but needs to be in the right setup

Billy offers abs does nothing anyway so having Simmonds who does nothing over billy who does nothing is only a good thing as at least Simmonds can run for 80 minutes.

Really happy for Smith today, he wont/shouldnt start next week but did himself no harm, if there was an injury to bigger or Faz then he's proved he can stay calm under pressure (played a semi final, final, 2 England caps and a Lions game as his last 5 games) so i wouldnt been apposed to him on the bench tbh.

He break for the LRZ try was great, but the Conan try coming from the other side of the ruck to pass inside was even more impressive.

Again he didnt pick himself over Sexton so he can only play his own game and played it well.

Went to college in Galway, love the place!

Trying to figure out the pub if you were in the city, somewhat ironically Taaffes is coming to mind.

Latest posts