• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Did south africa deserve the cup?

W

wsx86

Well, this year's world cup has been crazy, as it has been in the past
Really didn't think the all blacks could lose to, well... anyone!
And I'm not an aussie fan but gotta feel sorry for their early leave as well.
I was cheering for the English tho hehe
And Argentina was I think by far the most impressive team of the tournament.
But above all, do you guys think that south africa deserved the world cup?
They did win every match in the tournament, but I really felt that a tryless grand final was just not on, especially for such a heavy weight southern hemisphere team against an aging and battered english side who had a really tough time in the 6 nations.
Personally, I thought the english deserved much more and I was cheering for them - matthew tait was amazing in his burst and got to feel sorry for jason robinson for his injuries (in both their matches against s. africa!!)
And england had such a great come back from their poor performance in the pool games
I also think they had more passion in the final too
What do you guys think?

Agree with some, England played the more expansive game in the final but I've had enough of this northern & southern hemisphere crap (the style depends on the day) - SA deserved the win, if England had won they'd have deserved it too.

A lot has changed since the 6 nations though, management, players and so on - now a big clearout of old heads is needed to bring through the young boys.

South Africa went through the tournament undefeated, of course they deserved to win it.

Had England won in the final then I would have had to revise that somewhat seeing as they lost in the pool stage, but they didn't so it's a meaningless debate.

I refuse to even countenance a reply to this question. Of course South Africa deserved to win!*

Come on chaps, close ranks around the boks! we may get pilloried when we win something but I'll be dammed if we let it happen to someone else!

(I realise the shocking hypocrisy here as I did indeed countenance a reply, contradicting the earlier statement!)

Yes South Africa desereved the cup and the only team to go through unbeaten...

All Blacks deserved to be knocked out!

Nobody deserves to play crap like England for four years and win the Rugby World Cup. South Africa deserve it and at least they're more worthy cup holders than England. Yeah it wasn't the most exciting rugby final ever but I didn't expect it to be any better.

F*** da All Blacks now they know how Piri Weepu felt when he got dropped but he had to face it alone at least they have eachother to sooky to.

Nobody deserves to play crap like England for four years and win the Rugby World Cup. South Africa deserve it and at least they're more worthy cup holders than England. Yeah it wasn't the most exciting rugby final ever but I didn't expect it to be any better. [/b]

That's a ridiculous view to have. If the RWC were about the 4 years preceeding it, then we might as well have given the trophy to New Zealand and not have bothered playing any matches.

Whoever goes on to win the final deserves the trophy, simple as that.

Agreed, it is a pretty stupid view to have.

On that basis, teams who have poor form for four years and peak during the world cup like Australia and South Africa shouldn't have had the right to lift the cup either.

South Africa deserved to win it do you really think it would boost rugby if England won it. Theres something wrong with the game if you can turn up having played badly since the last world cup then suddenly turn up in the final.

Anyway who cares Springboks won it and they simply will be better Rugby World Cup holders than England were.

Well I don't quite know where to start with that one...so I did this instead:

pokefunmq6.jpg

south africa deserved to win. they won the final didnt they?

england didnt deserve to win, they didnt score enough points in the final

no1 else deserved to win, they didnt make it to the final :)

god i am bored.

If there was any time for NZ to win the cup then 2007 was the year to do it...

Like Australia in 1999 who lifted every cup available that year from Tri Nations to bledisloe cups... Now that to me is WORLD CHAMPS!

If we wanted to be seriously accurate then the phrase would be "Of course South Africa deserved it, it's only the World Cup".

It's a trophy, the only international one in rugby, so everyone cries when they don't have it. The fact of the matter is who are the greatest nation in world rugby? Who are the side that will spend the most time ranked number one for the next four years?

Statistically thats what really matters, a world cup is like giving a kid who gets a 100% in a test once every four years a bright shiny gold star, whilst overlooking the kid who averages top of the class all over his whole school life.

South Africa have now got their second gold star and good on them. England and New Zealand only have one. Oh dear!

I'd much rather support the country which is top of the class consistently.

Or you could look at it like the ABs do all the prep-work leading up to the final exam (mock tests) and the teachers expect them to pass with flying colours but they always end up with a big fat F.

;)

Prestwick can you post again I can't see the picture properly thanks in advance. Nah got it sussed thanks for taking all the time to make a post with a picture of Gollum in it much appreciated.

Prestwick can you post again I can't see the picture properly thanks in advance.
[/b]
Click on the yellow 'this image has been resized' thing and it should get bigger...

Shame the humour doesn't enlarge with the image ,lol.

Also, to rinkadink quarter-finalists isn't an f grade, it's a c-. You've got to stop reading us your report card by mistake :p

south africa won the final and they went undefeated through the tournament. they defintely deserve the cup for the next 4 years anyway.

I think that SA deserves to win because they didn`t lose in theri previous match , also they defeat ARGENTINA a team that was not a favourite but their defence was to strong , and they break it making them to get nervous and to made them had handling problems

Latest posts