• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Difficulty settings in the world league

B

beUf

hi everyone,

i have begun a world league, but now that the first season is over, and that i have some good players, i find the matchs too easy (difficulty set -> normal).
does anyone know how i could set it on "hard" ? maybe there is a file (pc) that could be edited to change that.

that really suc**. ea could have thought of that...

thanks in advance !

Was just about to say something similar beUf even before I have started a World League. I was thinking I'm going to complete Easy and then Normal before starting a World League on hard.

I am gonna wait till i win the division 1 ***le and then start a world league on medium and then hard

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Mar 20 2005, 09:32 PM
I am gonna wait till i win the division 1 ***le and then start a world league on medium and then hard
Are you still playing on easy? I've had to put it up to hard now already, otherwise it's too simple to put 40 points on teams.

Playing world league on anything othe than hard is a dumb idea, because the teams in div 3 are so bad, the idea is to build up your skills in the other game modes until you are ready. You have some awsome battles with many scores like 6-3, you will battle to score tries for more trade points, on medium mode once you are within 10 mertres of the opposition tryline you can just walk over, on hard its one of the hardest places to score from, the d will stop you dead every time with try saving tackles its awsome, when you do get through your like F**k yeah im the man!!

<
I know, im lucking forward to it, but im just getting used to the game, so im gonna work my way up so its gonna luck like i have accomplished something with my life hehe.

it seems that you're right ceejay... too bad, i already bought michalak, howlett, o'driscoll and simon taylor.

by the way, which team did you choose to play your world league ?

you should play realistically (sort of). Don't go for the big money signings from the off. Start off with a mix of promising youngsters and hardened journeymen. Who else thinks signings superstars in division 3 reeks of cheddar?

player recrument is not very easy, if we compare this system with, for example, pes4', which is very convenient.

how do you manage to find good roosters ? i didn't know that the the players get older if you play several season...

that's fine. i might have misunderstood you...
could you give an example of a player who is a "promising youngster" ?

thanks !

Olly Smith, Matt Tait, Sean Lamont, Benoit Baby, Tommy Bowe, Jerome Kaino, Luke McAllister, Gethin Jenkins etc.

I chose the team treviso(i think thats right) I choose a team that ive never heard of with players that I dont know, I support the canes in real life but i like them all to stay as they are, with the correct rosters, and I pretend like im some new team!! Ive set myself 2 trades per season and im only allowed to buy players from my division or a lower division, this makes it realistic, as if anyone in 1st division would sign with 3rd division. This makes it last longer, and makes it much more of a challenge.

I want it to be a challenge but not too hard. I play on normal but I still can't win. I score a few tries so I get points. Any stategies for winning?

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 22 2005, 05:59 AM
I want it to be a challenge but not too hard. I play on normal but I still can't win. I score a few tries so I get points. Any stategies for winning?
Score more points than the opposition
<

No, seriously........cut big angles with your backs, look for gaps, but then dont lose your support when through otherwise you will get turned over every time. If that fails, keep it close with the forwards and try and rumble up the pitch.

10mn by half time. if it's just 5, jou can get enough bonus points for the score.

i have begun a new world league *sigh*, and i play it on hard, but i find very difficult to win as there are too much turnovers, without any reason ! (for example, you create a maul, you got the ball, you wait that your forwards take a good position and... turnover. that's not realistic at all !)

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 22 2005, 05:45 AM
Olly Smith, Matt Tait, Sean Lamont, Benoit Baby, Tommy Bowe, Jerome Kaino, Luke McAllister, Gethin Jenkins etc.
ok. thanks.
but b.baby is quite expensive (41) so he may not be that interesting.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 22 2005, 11:27 AM
I chose the team treviso(i think thats right) I choose a team that ive never heard of with players that I dont know, I support the canes in real life but i like them all to stay as they are, with the correct rosters, and I pretend like im some new team!! Ive set myself 2 trades per season and im only allowed to buy players from my division or a lower division, this makes it realistic, as if anyone in 1st division would sign with 3rd division. This makes it last longer, and makes it much more of a challenge.
when you begin a world league, you play with the same players whatever team you choose, and i don't think that they exist.

about the original roosters, you're right, but if you want to have a good team, you will be obliged to "steal" some players...

Latest posts