• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Difficulty

S

sackman

I think in contrary that this game on elite is great.
So often i`ve been up and have been beaten.
I struggle to win the world cup aswell.

Haha, that runs contrary to several other posts.
I'm not finding the game very difficult - probably becasue I had Rugby05 and learnt how to abuse a pc game. I'm sad really :(

i also thought the game was getting easy till i got thumped last night by australia ( i was SA ) 28 - 17 in the quarters of the WC on elite. tuquiri scored 3 tries against me.

Originally posted by gallopaway@Mar 28 2006, 09:00 AM
i also thought the game was getting easy till i got thumped last night by australia ( i was SA ) 28 - 17 in the quarters of the WC on elite. tuquiri scored 3 tries against me.
I find it easy usually, but then the game will throw up a real suprise. Even if I'm not beaten, some teams will run me suprisingly close. Only scraped past the Cats 24-19 the other day, which came as a real shock.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 29 2006, 04:16 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gallopaway
@Mar 28 2006, 09:00 AM
I find it easy usually, but then the game will throw up a real suprise. Even if I'm not beaten, some teams will run me suprisingly close. Only scraped past the Cats 24-19 the other day, which came as a real shock. [/b]
yeah ive been finding that too. beating a team by a million points or so, and then they get a try, i look up to the score board and im only up by 5-12 points now... and by that stage, im getting a bit tired of the game, and the opposition has some momentum and i actually have to do something!

The only time the games are close for me is when I'm playing away on a muddy pitch. The stamina bars drain so quickly and the number of handling errors are shocking. It's quite satisfying though when you have to grind out a win by only 5 or 6 points!

In contrast playing on green pitches with the sun shining down I can often beat most teams by about 100 points in a 10 minute game.

In both cases I have been playing on elite.

The only time that I find it difficult to win is when I have played loads of games in a row and am getting bored and lose concentration.

Unless you pick a garbage team it is normally easy to beat anyone at any time and any place.

The AI's attack is so lame and one-dimensional that as long as you are patient and don't mess up any dive tackles then a turnover will eventually happen and you get to clear the ball.

The game itself is okay but the biggest problem that I have is with the AI's attack. It just doesn't pose a big enough threat.

Originally posted by sackman@Mar 28 2006, 07:50 AM
I think in contrary that this game on elite is great.
So often i`ve been up and have been beaten.
I struggle to win the world cup aswell.
you just suck :wacko:

The game is a real challenge when you try playing with second tier teams against top tier teams.

yesterday i beat Wales with fidji on elite by a mere 3 pts difference 33 - 30, i actually lost a lot of balls in the rucks, had to use a lot of kicking to occupy the welsh territory and it was fun. I don't play anymore with over 80 overall team because it's too easy.
I don't even have the will to finish my world league because my team is too good and it's no fun anymore. (i'm 5 games away from winning the elite division with otago but i'm averaging a whooping 53 pts/game average while i usually allow less than 7 pts/game...........this is ridiculous)

playing 5 mn halves can add to the difficulty because you have to hustle to put points on the scoreboard.

I love this game.

I find it real easy

Im the hurricanes in the super14...and im smashin teams atm...i have more bonus points then any other team :bravo:

Ima play it tomorrow...havent played it in a while :blink:

Originally posted by Handsomebob@Mar 31 2006, 09:50 PM
The game is a real challenge when you try playing with second tier teams against top tier teams.

yesterday i beat Wales with fidji on elite by a mere 3 pts difference 33 - 30, i actually lost a lot of balls in the rucks, had to use a lot of kicking to occupy the welsh territory and it was fun. I don't play anymore with over 80 overall team because it's too easy.
I don't even have the will to finish my world league because my team is too good and it's no fun anymore. (i'm 5 games away from winning the elite division with otago but i'm averaging a whooping 53 pts/game average while i usually allow less than 7 pts/game...........this is ridiculous)

playing 5 mn halves can add to the difficulty because you have to hustle to put points on the scoreboard.
I agree - I play as scotland and the challenge is about perfect on elite. Also I have to work all day so only play about 3 or 4 games a week. Also I only usually play one or two games in a row. I'm yet to beat one of the top 5 teams and still have close games aginst the likes of Italy, Argentina, Ireland, Wales etc

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 31 2006, 12:45 PM
Also I have to work all day so only play about 3 or 4 games a week. Also I only usually play one or two games in a row.
That's how I play it. Definately adds to the challenge when you don't learn it inside out and just keep using exactly the same tactics over and over again to exploit weaknesses.

What we need is a difficulty selection like in Rugby 2001 where you have a bar of 100 percent and you can pick any level of difficulty so it was like there were 100 different levels!

I like it just fine the way it is. It is just too predictable. You have to change things up and make yourself some rules that lead to a better match. In WL it could be no players over 80 speed or whatever. You can keep it interesting.

I find it too easy to defend against the AI. I hardly concede a try, the AI "set plays" are sooo easy to defend against, even with poor teams.

I stopped using the dive tackle ages ago, to try and make it harder. It improves it but still too easy (yes, I only play on Elite).

Still enjoying the game it short bursts, but the lack of online play, the lack of challenge and those darn animations (like the "hyper warp" tackle) make it pall a bit after a few games. I still have a good, close game now and again but suspect that I won't be playing R2006 very regularly from now on.

Was worth the money, have probably clocked up over 100 hours on it (sad, eh?), but lets hope they sort the pitfalls in the gameplay out for next year's version.

It's all what you make of it. I make rules in NCAA football also for who I can recruit to make it harder.

Originally posted by Carlosneath@Apr 5 2006, 10:51 AM
I find it too easy to defend against the AI. I hardly concede a try, the AI "set plays" are sooo easy to defend against, even with poor teams.

I stopped using the dive tackle ages ago, to try and make it harder. It improves it but still too easy (yes, I only play on Elite).

Still enjoying the game it short bursts, but the lack of online play, the lack of challenge and those darn animations (like the "hyper warp" tackle) make it pall a bit after a few games. I still have a good, close game now and again but suspect that I won't be playing R2006 very regularly from now on.

Was worth the money, have probably clocked up over 100 hours on it (sad, eh?), but lets hope they sort the pitfalls in the gameplay out for next year's version.
I don't know what teams you play with but I find it is hard to defend if you chose a poorer team or chose poor players for a good team! For example I have just completed a six nations with a third or fourth string England side and each game was a challenge. i had players like Andy Goode and Varndell and a load of players I have never heard of!

I scraped past Wales, Ireland and Italy and got thumped by France and Scotland! The Scotland game was a real surprise - they played with amazing flair, not something I would expect from the scots (no offence!). They also played with only 13 men for the last 20 or so. The France game was close until half time then they played some amazing running rugby in the second half. went down 40-14!

Obviously if you play with a good team or have built up a great team in the world league things are going to get very easy, but try and give yourself a challenge. I am going to have to improve my England team for the world cup. Thinking about bringing Robinson back into the fold! My current team is just too damn weak!

Also only play the game once or twice a week so that stops me getting too good I guess.

I have never played the game with a top side or a strong team because I don't want to get too good at it. As a result the only thing I have won is a lions tour to South Africa. Lots of challenges ahead. Next stop world cup in South Africa!

Yeh, I largely agree with you Jimmey, I soon realised that to get anything of a challenge I had to play my "second team". I don't think I'd be able to win the world cup with Russia , but it gets a bit nuts when you have to resort to that to make it a challenge. The best teams are only challenging due to the likes of Wilkinson and Dan Carter continuously pegging you back with killer line kicks.

I won the 6 nations with Italy on Elite, only conceding a few tries all tournament, just one example of what I am talking about. Funnily enough, as with you Jimmey, the Scots gave me the hardest game (apart from 5 of my team being injured against France, even though I'd turned injuries off !).

They need to re-vamp the set moves for R2007, currently I just "shadow" the ball carriers acorss the pitch and then line up the reciever. I never use the dive tackle, but still stop all the AI set moves in their tracks 9 times out of 10.

Latest posts