• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you believe?

Yes I do, the universe is way too massive to not harbour life other than us. People argue that life on Earth was a fluke, but I don't see how other 'flukes' cannot occur in other places in the universe. Not to mention that some organisms can live in conditions that we humans cannot. The fact is, the possibilities are endless when discussing whether there is life out there, their intelligence and state of development as civilisation and organisms, and what conditions they live in.

I rest my case, your Honour.

Yes I do, the universe is way too massive to not harbour life other than us. People argue that life on Earth was a fluke, but I don't see how other 'flukes' cannot occur in other places in the universe. Not to mention that some organisms can live in conditions that we humans cannot. The fact is, the possibilities are endless when discussing whether there is life out there, their intelligence and state of development as civilisation and organisms, and what conditions they live in.

[/b]

Have you ever read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins? He goes on to talk about how if you think about it from the view of a physicist, every single aspect of the universe works towards our favour. Gravity stops us from floating into space, but isn't too powerful to squish us into the ground, and Earth was constructed and positioned in the exact right place to create and harbour life.

While I'm no physicist myself, I think that either we got extremely lucky when the universe was created, or there is some greater being behind these perfect conditions.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Have you ever read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins? He goes on to talk about how if you think about it from the view of a physicist, every single aspect of the universe works towards our favour. Gravity stops us from floating into space, but isn't too powerful to squish us into the ground, and Earth was constructed and positioned in the exact right place to create and harbour life.

While I'm no physicist myself, I think that either we got extremely lucky when the universe was created, or there is some greater being behind these perfect conditions. [/b][/quote]
THANK YOU :bravo:
I don't understand how more people don't see this point.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

While I'm no physicist myself, I think that either we got extremely lucky when the universe was created, or there is some greater being behind these perfect conditions. [/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Surely the converse argument is that life has formed because of these conditions, not that organisms have been provided with a suitable environment? Hence why we are, as yet, unable to find life on planets with different conditions.

The whole deity theory seems to assume that this planet is a result of humans needing somewhere to exist, rather than life forming because the planet reached a natural state where conditions are condusive to it.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Universe = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Amount of Stars = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Amount of Stars that have Planets circling = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Amount of Planets that have conditions to harbour human life = Small
Amount of Planets that could harbour life that 'Aliens' could survive in = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!"!$!"%!"%¬!!

Surely the converse argument is that life has formed because of these conditions, not that organisms have been provided with a suitable environment? Hence why we are, as yet, unable to find life on planets with different conditions.

The whole deity theory seems to assume that this planet is a result of humans needing somewhere to exist, rather than life forming because the planet reached a natural state where conditions are condusive to it.
[/b]
This is to assume that a deity has his hands on the wheel at every moment in time, who is to say that they didn't set the 'road map' and then let the rest sort itself out?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
This is to assume that a deity has his hands on the wheel at every moment in time, who is to say that they didn't set the 'road map' and then let the rest sort itself out? [/b][/quote]
I believe Moses is the one to say that.

Have you ever read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins?[/b]
I have.

Witless, humourless, puke-inducing arrogance.

It contributes nothing - just a publishing phenomenon.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Universe = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Amount of Stars = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Amount of Stars that have Planets circling = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Amount of Planets that have conditions to harbour human life = Small
Amount of Planets that could harbour life that 'Aliens' could survive in = BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!"!$!"%!"%¬!!
[/b][/quote]

Exactly. I see people who dismiss the possibility of other life forms elsewhere to be extremely naive on the basis of those very facts you have provided (not to offend anyone, everyone has a right as to what they believe).

Latest posts