• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you care about the EDF Cup??

EDF Energy Cup

• Yes, I live my Rugby Life for this comp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, I would rather lick George Bush's Hairy arse than be bothered about it

• Meh I suppose its a way into Europe

• Total voters
G

getofmeland

After watching some of the games today, and seeing the lack of talk about it on here, made me think does anyone actually care about it...

I know I dont give 2 shits about it, but I suppose it is a way into Europe...

Actually I never cared for the tournament when we went so far last season in it... so :p

After 2 defeats in a row for Northampton...although the injury crises is definently not helping it shows that they don't really see the competition as important as the Heiny or the GP.

I just hope the form picks up again next week at FG against the Tiggs.

The fact I've refered to it as the Mickey Mouse cup since it's inceptio answers the question from me.

Couldn't care less if my team doesn't progress on one hand, but I don't like seeing them lose on the other... Catch 22.

Just wondering Teh Mite, how many of these players that played vs us (inc the subs) are foreign?

Northampton: Kydd, Lamont, Wyles, Quinlan, Diggin, Spencer, Robinson, Smith, Hartley, Barnard, D. Browne, Short, Lewitt, Fox, D. Browne.
Replacements: Laird for Kydd (78), Howard for Diggin (60), Vass for Spencer (40), Richmond for Hartley (78), Budgen for Barnard (65), Gerard for Short (66). Not Used: Easter.

Kydd - Jock
Lamont - Jock
Wyles - ****, I mean, Yank
Quinlan - Irish
Diggin - English
Spencer - Kiwi
Robinson - Kiwi
Smith - Jock
Hartley - English (Born NZ)
Barnard - English (Born SA)
D. Browne 1 - Irish
Short - Irish (Born ENG)
Lewitt - English
Fox - English
D. Browne 2 - Irish (Born NZ)

Laird - English (?)
Howard - c***, I mean, English
Vass - English
Richmond - English
Budgen - Kiwi (residency/military)
Gerard - French
Easter - SA

So the was only 2 'completely' English players on that starting line-up?! No wonder England are doing so well, oh wait....

That's Keith Barwells way of saying 'f*** you' to the RFU and their central contracts proposal.

Sadly, it'll backfire when Saints lose Lamont & Kydd to Scotland, Davies to Wales (it'll proberbly happen in the 2008 6N), Quinlan, Browne and Browne to Ireland and Cohen, Wally, Hartley, Fox, Diggin & Barnard to England.

Been out with a groin injury for a long time. He's a fast inside centre, good at carving a line. I think he scored on his debut last season.

This is him;

davies.jpg

So the was only 2 'completely' English players on that starting line-up?! No wonder England are doing so well, oh wait....
[/b]

I couldn't give a flying f***. I support Northampton, not England.

It's boring rugby...mainly because "who cares?" Let the Welsh and English meet up in the H-Cup (if the Welsh can even get there...no offense...I mean "Wooo Go on Ya Big Red Dragon!")
gb-wales.gif

It's boring rugby...mainly because "who cares?" Let the Welsh and English meet up in the H-Cup (if the Welsh can even get there...no offense...I mean "Wooo Go on Ya Big Red Dragon!")
gb-wales.gif
[/b]

That's just the natch; they don't have to win f*** all and still get into the HEC with the pissy rules in the Celtic League.

Anything with a group stage where you don't play each team home and away can't be a competition you take seriously. The UEFA cup isn't a model to base a tournament on.

What's wrong with a straight knockout competition for the top three divisions in England?

Oh yeah sorry Mr PRL, how dare we suggest your superstars mix with the hoi polloi.

Bee-in-his-bonnet Stuey ;)

It's not the PRL that caused the upsed, it's the RFU and WRU wanting more money.

They're the ones who made it the ringfenced ******** it is now.

how should they adress it then teh mite, the rules of entry into the hec, via the cl.

The top x amount in the CL, not 3 from wales, 3 from Ireland and 2 from Scotland.

Make the c***s earn it.

umm yes but tht defeats it somewhat, cos the representation of the hec, is for the union, i.e wales, ire, and scot

you could have four welsh side, and three irish and none frm scotland, this is the fairest way i think.

Latest posts