• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Donations discussion

Donations are its not working. I went to pay & paypal said something about being an invalid account or something.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 12 2006, 12:02 AM
Donations are its not working. I went to pay & paypal said something about being an invalid account or something.
Well mine just worked???

What are your immediate plans with the money and what kind of targets do you have? Are there certain things you plan to do as soon as you have enough, or is it just a case of see how much you raise and then look at the options?

right, you know in previous threads about this topic that I've had quite a fair bit to say and here I go again.

Guys, (especially you Dan), please don't take this the wrong way, I've been done in by seemingly honest people in the past, this means that for me money and friends don't mix too well. I will feel more comfortable donating money into an account in the name of The Rugby forum, I believe the present donations get paid into is your personal account? I don't know if other people have similar hang-ups but it might be worth checking with members, there might be a lot of people not prepared to donate because of the same matter, on the other hand other people might not care in which case my donation won't be missed.

Right our first plan, with the money is to try to get some money, to help subsidise the upgrade for the board, which I will try to explain what it will mean later in the takeover thread...

QKXV - I completely understand what you mean, and like we have said this is purely a temporary thing until we can get the chance to set up an account for the rugby forum... as you can probably guess we want joint names on the account... We hoped to get this sorted over the next couple of weeks but that looks unlikely, as it now seems that i wont be able to afford to get to Liverpool this month....

its worked now, I inputted the amount that XE gave me (which included a decimal point, thats where I was getting errors)

Now I just entered a two figure number & it worked. I wanted to donate £10 which was $18.9530, so I changed to $18 & it worked, but it works out to £9.77

Man - don't set up a business account - you will get charged loads in admin fees! Try to register it as a charity or community (if you have those in the UK) account.

Guys did you get my donation?

Coz i doesn't say I donated anything? (when I go onto donations)

Dans not able to get on the net as often nowadays, so it may take a while for him to go on and accept it his end... so just hold on, it just needs to be processed...

No offence , but this forum is as dead as i've ever seen it.

How do you plan to change this?

Well I am thinking of hold a gun at all members head so that they post...

Theres not much we can really do, because it is the quiet season in the Northern Hemisphere, but the Tri Nations has really been slow to kick off post wise, the Air New Zealand Cup has some interest, for NZ fans, other than that the S14... Its a toughie really cos we cant force people to post, we can just try to make it easier for them to post...

If you have any ideas please contact me or dan, so that we can try to sort something...

I also think some of the regulars on the board, have not been about, because they are busy doing other things which is ok...

Originally posted by The TRUTH@Aug 19 2006, 01:06 PM
No offence , but this forum is as dead as i've ever seen it.

How do you plan to change this?
You're quite right that it's dead.

We intend to get people posting by getting more people joining. The more people there are on the board, the more conflicting views there are, the more people talk.

I've been booted from a few forums for advertising TRF so i have no ideas of how to get more members to sign up.

The real problem is that the existing members seem to have gone missing...

I've been in Margaret River for the week sampling plenty of wines :D ... but i'm back now and i'll do my best to try and start as many **** fights as i can.

**** fights = members... remember that.

Existing members (myself included) are busy at the moment. I should be back to normal early September.